Issues with HRM -- Suunto M2

Jelleebean
Jelleebean Posts: 212
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
I picked up my hrm about a month or so ago, give or take, and today, walking to work, my normal pace, my normal route, it told me my peak hr was 193. my personal thoughts on this is if my hr really was that high, there's no way in hell i would have been still able to walk, as my heart would have been exploding.
i was just curious, if anyone else has had issues with this same monitor, or, has had similar experiences with the one they do have, and if so, what the heck can i do to fix it?
a couple of weeks ago, i got my hr up to 153, and that seemed about right for what i was doing, but, 193 just seems impossible.

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 616 Member
    mine does that...you have to clean it, the receptors, often. i use plain ol soap and water and then get a q-tip and make sure all the nooks and crannies are cleaned and dried out. it's been working wonders for a month now. i couldnt figure out why mine would do that as well. a good ol cleaning and you should be good as new.
  • that makes sense. i don't use it all the time, so, guess that didn't occur to me:blushing:
This discussion has been closed.