Just NOT hungry... eat anyways...?

Options
Hi,
Quick question- what do you do if you're just not hungry? Do you eat anyway? Like we're talking just not hungry all day....

Replies

• KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi,
    Quick question- what do you do if you're just not hungry? Do you eat anyway? Like we're talking just not hungry all day....
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I scale it back a little bit, but I eat anyway. It is important to make sure you get the necessary calories even if your body doesn't crave it.

That's my take.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    not enough information to give you an answer
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, get your calories somehow, at least the minimum.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you do not eat your body will go into starvation mode and you could actually start to gain weight (your body is saving up fat for any long distances of loss of food, kind of a protection mechanism). EAT.!!! Ideally your body needs about 1,000 to 1200 calories a day minimum.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Not eating when I wasn't hungry is part of the reason I ended up here. I ended up overeating at dinner .. talk about sabotaging your metabolism!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    not enough information to give you an answer

Yeah, pretty much. :smile:

It's good to listen to your body, but not when your body lies to you. If you aren't hungry *all day* then I'm guessing your body is lying to you.

My body used to lie to me. It told me I was ravenously hungry all the time. I listened to it and go up to 223 pounds. :laugh:

But now my body isn't lying to me and I do listen to it -- within reason. I have certain protein goals and sometimes I have to eat when I'm not hungry to meet them, but I've learned in the long run that I need to eat my protein if I am going to have the energy to do what I need to do. Plus, it helps control my hunger.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day anyways.