Lunch at Elephant & Castle everyday - help

Options
My company has a working lunch at Elephant & Castle everyday. Help me decide what good choices to make from the menu:

http://www.elephantcastle.com/sites/default/files/MM_KI_AM_Jun19_2011.pdf

Unfortunately no calorie content available.

Thank you for advice!

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Is that the one on King? I walk by that every day, twice a day!!

Menu is tough. Think you'll need to be making some substitutions!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

It's a chain, there are at least 2 or 3 in the DC area as well.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your work goes to this place everyday? And you have to go too, everyday? Can you bring your lunch from home? Just a thought.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    There's a balsamic chicken wrap, I think you could look up nutrition info in MFP>
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'd go with Balckened salmon fillet with mixed greens and a vinager type dressing on the side.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    love love love their garlic mash.
    haven't been there in ages, hubby and i used to go fairly frequently. their chicken pie is fabulous, although, no clue what the calorie content would be on one.
    haven't been there since i started the weight loss, but, at the time, the salads sounded fairly decent, the few options they had. just ask for dressing on the side.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The butternut squash ravioli sounds good if you ask for the goat cheese to be left off (I'm assuming that's added on top and not inside, if it's inside then ask to have half wrapped to take with you and only eat half)
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    The veggie burger looks good, just maybe get it without mayo and only eat half the bun. Green salad on the side.
    The chicken wrap without mayo
    The grilled chicken quesadilla looks good without the sour cream...

Thats just what I saw that looks good and lower in calories. Hope that helps ;)
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would do the soup of the day depending on what it is also the Chipotle Chicken flatbread and the thai chicken salad and switch between the three everyday. They seem to be the most healthiest out of everything on the menu. Also the grilled Salmon but I would'nt eat the mashed potatoes, see if you can get veggies instead.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    A couple of the balsamic salads would be good as well. Same with the Chipotle Chicken Flatbread & salad.

I'd also hope for real your company doesn't eat there EVERYDAY that would be insane.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'd ask if you can simply get some grilled chicken with the balsamic tossed greens, & side of plain green beans.
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    Your work goes to this place everyday? And you have to go too, everyday? Can you bring your lunch from home? Just a thought.
    I agree with this idea or eat only half of what you choose on the menu. Don't worry about what your co-workers think or will say. This is about your health. Maybe you can suggest a different place to have the working lunch at? Maybe they will be willing to rotate restaurant ideas from the participants.
  • vsmith1981
    vsmith1981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We eat either there or at another pub type place down the street. The money saving on lunch is nice but the fear over what to eat and how it is prepared is a downside.

It would be frowned upon to bring my own lunch or skip out on the working lunch. I'm seeing a lot of greens with grilled chicken/salmon in my future - maybe will start bringing my own dressing.
  • litelight
    Options
    I would email and ask for nutritional info.

info@elephantcastle.com

• Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't limit yourself to the salads... You'll get bored fast. You can do the Club with no bacon or mayo. The Salmon burger with no aioli or the Veggie burger with no mayo sound good too... Tortilla have a ton of calories in them, so I'd avoid the wraps. Check out the soup or sandwich of the day too. Just avoid cream based soups and skip the cheese/mayo on the sandwiches.
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OMGosh I am getting hungry trying to look and help you... lol

So here are some ideas:
    1. The chicken wrap is in MFP's food log already and there looks like a lot of heathy options... You could put in the recipe on MFP to the the best of your knowledge and see how different options look.

2. Have you asked the manager if they have the nutritional information? Or emailed corporate?

3. Lastly, you could always have your lunch at the office and stick with just a salad when your at E&C.
  • vsmith1981
    vsmith1981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

info@elephantcastle.com

GREAT IDEA - trying that now!
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    Did they ever respond with any nutritional information? I am having the same problem. We have every celebration there.
  • UniformMr
    Options
    I'm also curious if there is any caloric info for Elephant & Castle.

Many Thanks,

Michael
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Menu is tough. Think you'll need to be making some substitutions!

Me too! I'm a crazy power-walker at lunch just to de-stress and get some air - exercise for real in the evening.

info@elephantcastle.com

GREAT IDEA - trying that now!

Good luck - really (no sarcasm) b/c if they don't post it, 99% of the time is b/c they don't have it despite me trying to quote nutrition laws that I don't really know exist or the deadline for this information to be required in Canada. If you do get a copy, please let us know!