Daily Goal Shifting?

Options
Why is it my daily goal number changed yesterday? I have it set at 1,700, but I noticed on yesterday's journal that MyFitnessPal put my daily goal at 1,810. I never changed it.

Today it's back to 1,700. Very weird, does this happen to anyone? Can I stop it somehow?

Replies

• Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to exercise 110 calories yesteray? I
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    MFP creates a calorie deficit for you to meet your goal through diet alone (your 1700 number). When you also do exercise, it adds those calories into your total for the day to maintain your original deficit. Yes, it happens to everyone who logs exercise. No, you can't stop it.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ya what agthorn said. Just dont eat the calories you burn and you'll be fine and probably lose even more weight. BUT just make sure you still eat enough to have energy to exercise.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat the calories you burn and you'll be fine and probably lose even more weight.

Depends on how much the OP has to lose. If it's less than 30 lbs, this is not good advice. More than 30 lbs, you could probably get away with it for a while.
  • snastacio
    Options
    Oh, yes Maggie and everyone! I did exercise and used 110 calories...I see what it did! It added it to my daily total. Okay!! I didn't even make that connection, I'm new to journaling on MFP. That's good for me, I thought it was trying to soften what I can eat in a day or something. LOL But I see I just earned it. This is a great tool!

Sheila