Jillian Micheals Workout

Options
I've been seeing Jillian Micheal's name pop up a lot for people using her workout routine. I am looking to shake up my workout and was hoping for some feedback on this Shred program from real people who've used it.

Replies

• mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the 2nd time in 2 years, the first time I saw pretty good results, hoping to see the same results this time. I like 30 Day shred and her newer one, Ripped in 30 is pretty good too.
  • mamarazook
    Options
    i am on day 2 of the shred ..i do about 4 miles everyday on the treadmill and i think its going to be a great workout..plus its 20 mins and your done..i love it!! good luck =)
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! Seeing other people post about it motivated me to try it out...
  • kristinrayerootes
    kristinrayerootes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started using it again this week after mainly running the last 5 months. Just to give you an idea, I run 3 miles. Cardio wise, it isn't a huge challenge, but man, am I sore! I think it really does work the muscles well, something I really needed to get into my routine.
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred yesterday and its only 20 mins but its very intense and u will burn cal. How many cal. Im unsure because you are mixing it so much and its impossible to log unless you have a heart rate/cal monitor...Its very fun and u will be sore.!! good luck with mixing up ur workout..zumba is fun too :)
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've used the 30 day shred, and it kicks my butt! I definitely recommend it. The workouts fit a lot of strength building and calorie burning into a short amount of time. I haven't tried the new one yet, but I've heard good things.
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    day 2 for me as well :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I loved the Shred. It was my first workout when I got serious about weight loss. I lost close to 14lbs in a month and a lot of inches (I think it was around 8 inches overall) half by doing that and keeping in line with my calories. My endurance has increased a lot so I can no longer do the workouts (I only burn about 230 calories with it now). I just started her Ripped in 30 and love it. I also have her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. When I hit my goal, it will be because of her workouts and my discipline with eating healthy. She's a great trainer.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    just do a search for her workouts and you'll see what people think. for me, personally i love them! her 30ds is a great beginner one. i hadn't worked out in 1.5 years and it really got me motivated. moved on to ripped in 30 and love it too. she has lots of other ones. look on amazon for the names of them and search on here, you'll see lots of stuff about them.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    I am on day 15 of the shred (halfway through). I have seen great results so far. I used to go to the gym for hours every week, but nothing has whipped me into shape faster than Jillian's interval training. It's hard to get through the workouts sometimes, but it's only 20 minutes instead of an hour or more of working out.

Her DVDs really keep me motivated to workout every day. After I finish the shred, I am going to try ripped in 30, then killer buns and thighs.

If you search in the forum, you can find lots of before and after pictures of people who did the shred. Some people's results are amazing. I would highly recommend the DVD, and no matter your fitness level, it is a great place to start.
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day Shred right now.. Im on Day 9 Level 1. I do it twice a day, I follow the beginners side in the morning and the advance in the evening..I post my picture below. Left: Taken Oct.7th (3 days before I started 30 DS) Right: Oct. 16th..SO far I have lost 4.7 pounds and 8.2" over all in just 7 days!!! But like I said, I do it twice a day!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

photoshake_1318804404705-1.jpg
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    It's a great workout. I am impressed by the 30DS and plan on doing Ripped in 30 next. I'm on level 3 and it's kicking my butt-but in a good way. The one thing that many of us experience with this work out is that we don't shed a lot of weight per the scale, but we lose inches all over our bodies. The fat burning alone is worth it to me. I'd rather fit in my clothes and feel strong than see a lower number on the scale and feel jiggly. :smile:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I will be restarting it upon my return from honeymoon. Unfortunately I overdid it with my exercising and strained my knees (sad face). 30DS can be hard on the knees, so be careful if you have any existing problems, and use the modifications that are suggested.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout and it's only 20 minutes plus stretching before and after. The first time I only got half way through it and lost 4 1/2 LBS and then I started again after a break. You'll like it and will definitely see results. I'm not recording my weight until I'm done with it so I can see the full results. I also measured myself when I started since it isn't all about the pounds.
  • ilypink
    Options
    I did the shred last November...I did the whole thing. I probably took 2 days off for the whole 30 days. I did each level for 10 dyas. Level 2 was the hardest in my opinion. I lost 6lbs, but more inches than pounds (can't remember how many). I have also used her other dvd's but never completed another program I just mixed them up. I am 29 weeks pregnant so I havent done the shred since March or April. I plan to do it after I have the baby (6 weeks after)....It's a great program. All of her dvd's are awsome and kick butt.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of shread. First day I did level one, yesterday level two. I will mix it up as I get bored doing the same routine over and over again. It kicked my butt, definately like it and will be trying other DVD's once I've completed my 30 days =)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everybody, I went ahead and ordered the DVD from Amazon. I'm excited for it to get here.