Indoor at home workouts.

Options
I am a single mother of 2 yr old twins. I do not have a car or really much access to leave my home to go to a gym or any outdoor places to exercise and do not own any equipment in my home. I also do not have the luxury of a free babysitter (aka grandparents/aunts/uncles/friends) to be able to use the gym. I am trying to find workouts that actually work that I can do at home, or find the videos online to use. I have done the P90X ab ripper however i know my ab muscles are strong i can feel that, just cant see them. Also was doing the Carmen Electra Fit to strip dvd 2 the toning one and it did work a bit but then got boring and stopped working. I would appreciate any suggestions on workouts or certain exercises I could maybe use. My problem area is my mid section. My arms and legs could always use more toning but are not my goal areas. Thanks for any feedback!!

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred would be my first suggestion. You don't need any equipment, not even the hand weights if you have tins of food you could use instead.
  • CChadd87
    CChadd87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at home. It works great and if you search the forum there are alot of success stories on MFP for the 30 Day Shred as well.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Jazzercise...here's a link to their website. You can check it out & see if this is something that would interest you. http://www.jazzercise.com/ I started doing Jazzercise in July and I've lost 5" in my waist 4.75" in my hips & 2.75" in my neck. It's a lot of fun and the routines are different. I bought 3 DVD's from Amazon; there cheaper on Amazon & if you spend $25 you get free shipping.

Hope this helps!

Jamie :happy:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Leslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels. You may also want to check out www.collagevideo.com... tons of workout dvds, reviews and break downs of them. Good Luck!
  • saraiwarren
    Options
    I love Harley Pasternak's 5 Factor Fitness. It's great because it's only 3 exercises a day and it only takes about 30 mins. I love anything that's fast, simple and effective. Plus, it's the same program he uses when he trains J.Lo, Halle Berry, etc... Check it out!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was doing well with my weight loss/ toning until I started doing these workouts...now I am getting ripped right fast.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

She has TONS of workouts some with equipment, some without, beginner mods, and they are typically 12-20 minute long workouts (though I did a 40 min long one Sunday and thought I might die)...great for a mom with young active kids and not a ton of time...and well beyond what 30 Day Shred can accomplish (at least for me!)
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    For the midsection, I would do Jillian Michaels 6w 6p. For overall toning I would recommend Chalean Extreme, and also pilates (for dummies is my favorite) Good luck! Also, running if you have a jogging stroller. :)
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Chris Freytag's videos are awesome! Do you have cable? If so, do you go with Verizon? They have Verizon On Demand and if you go to the free section and then to Exercise TV, they have tons of videos there.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam is great too!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Keep your workouts fresh by changing up DVDs.

Check out your local library, Netflix, thrift store, (Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross .... often have bargain DVDs)

Online workouts - http://www.exercisetv.tv.com
    http://www.hulu.com/genres/Health-and-Wellness?type=tv
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts
    http://acacialifestyle.com/daily-workout-footer/c/344/

I second the collagevideo.com recommendation - you can do searches, look at video clips, and every review tells you what equipment you need.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really like to use the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" videos. She has all different ones from 1 mile to 5 miles. They can be done at home in front of your tv / dvd player / computer. I have Leslie's 1, 2 and 3 mile walks on dvd.

Don't know if you have Comcast cable or what cable provider you may have or if you have cable but on our system they have On Demand and there is a section for Fitness and Exercise and they have for free a whole bunch of different exercises with different instructors. On there is some of Leslie Sansone as well as Jillian Michaels and others......If you have cable, maybe you can check it out and see what it is all about.

Check the local library as they usually have exercise dvds that can be checked out as well......

Also, there is a site that you can look up (collagevideo dot com) that has different exercise videos and you can see a clip of the video, and that may help you decide later on which to buy or not buy if you choose to go out and buy some......

Hope this helps :smile:
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people who said 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Great at home workout!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Get some dumbbells and do some side bends, squats, Bulgarian split squats, lunges, dumbbell flys with them. Or resistance bands are good. You can also do the above exercises without the weights or use cans. Crunches and press ups are also good.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    try the sprint intervals I explain in my blog below. its a full body, fat burning, EPOC producing workout. and it can all be done at/around your home in 30ish minutes.
  • chasitymeincke
    Options
    remember u can use ur kids as weights and they will love it too
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv

It is free and works!! I also have twins!! xx YOu can do this..

All you need is the Internet, there are so many different workouts!! Zuzanna posts new ones up every week, so you can have so much fun looking at all the different ones you can choose from!!

Feel free to add me as a friend xx Put a message in ...
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Also you dont need anything xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Honestly xxx
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Turbofire. SOOO much fun!