has anyone a 1250kcal limit

Options
HI, have a bit of a problem finding the foods that fit into my 12oo something kcal limit. I am always under it because I am on slim fast. I want to stop slimfast and find first the foods that would be ok for me.
So if there is someone with that amount of calories could I please have a look in your diary?

Thanks, Jade

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as my limit is 1240 but my diary is friends only!
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    add me im on 1200 a day
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have a 1230replacement calorie limit, you can add me.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just made mine public take a look!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    slim fasts are like 170 calories. you coudl have a salad and a small piece of chicken for that calorie total. i am stopping drinking slim fast as i am finding they don't really do much. i guess they do give you vitamins but i dont' need an extra 170 calories from a drink. i used to drink them a lot and love them but now i see there is so much better food i can have for that 170 cals. i eat a lot of fiber and protien bars, salads, sandwiches with low calorie breads, stuff like that. for lunch when i am in a hurry i have a lean cuisine or smart ones meal which i know are processed and not the best but sometimes i just don't have time.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My daily limit is 1270 per day. My diary is public so feel free to take a look. For the most part, I do pretty good with staying close to my goal. Exercising gives me additional food calories. I don't eat all my exercise calories, but it definitely helps me stay within goal.
  • ebbajay
    ebbajay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your replies. I will have a look, and hopefully find all the best foods I need and get rid of slim fast. Although I do looooove my cafe latte shakes.lol But the shake has 230kcal!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1200 and when I don't exercise I stay very close to it. If I exercise, I eat back some of those extra calories. My plan for today comes in at closer to 1500 but that's b/c I plan to exercise at least 300 of those calories back off. Grilled chicken, salmon, and veggies are great for lunches and dinners. My lunch today is only 200 calories - it's a small salmon filet and 2 servings of a combo of broccoli and carrots. You can do salads with grilled chicken or salmon, too, just choose your salad dressings carefully as many are high in calories and/or sodium (if sodium concerns you). And measure what you use. One serving of salad dressing is like 2 tbsp. I tend to use 4 tbsp b/c I like big salads but I use a very low cal dressing and measure it precisely. Fruits, veggies, and yogurt are great low-cal snacks and can be added to meals if you need more calories. I'm lazy at breakfast and tend to have a Weight Watchers Smart Ones breakfast quesadilla (230 calories) b/c I normally don't feel like taking the time to cook while trying to get my kids ready. I also like the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen dinners (varies between 140-around 300 calories depending on which 'flavor' you get) occasionally for a meal - but I usually add more veggies (anywhere from 50-100 extra calories) to it so it doesn't seem like such a small amount of food.

My diary is 'friends only' but you're welcome to friend me if you'd like. :-)
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Addd me as a friend, 1200 limit for me.
  • ebbajay
    ebbajay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you sunny runners. Your food looks really nice. But what are egg beaters? Is that scrambled eggs?
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My diary is public - feel free to have a look. Slim fast is okay - but I've never been a big fan of drinking my calories....just my two cents but it's unrealistic in the long term & I try to focus on life-long eating habits....good luck! :-)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Thank you sunny runners. Your food looks really nice. But what are egg beaters? Is that scrambled eggs?

That's a liquid egg product in a carton. Lower cholesterol than regular eggs, but other than that I'm not sure of the exact differences. You can also get eggwhites in a carton like that which I think is lower calories than the egg beaters.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 cals and never go over, i don't eat excersise cals, my diary is opened. feel free to friend me. I find tons of things to make on skinnytastecom. good luck
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Egg beaters are scrambled egg whites and much lower in calories than real eggs. Plus I am very lazy at breakfast and really want a good protein meal to keep me going until lunch.
    Sometimes I will saute some frozen peppers and onions first and pour the eggs over but that takes 5 min instead of 2min.

My other favorite are the lo carb wraps from Mission super high in fiber (21g) and yummy with a bit of cream cheese. Like a bagel and cream cheese with out the high calories.