New and need some help....encouragement

Options
Hello all, my name is Brianne, I am a 29 year old who is looking in need of some serious encouragement and help. I have been doing MFP on/off for a couple months, and I've been working on changing my life since May. I've been a serial dieter since I was at least 16, from a family of dieters, and surrounded by dieters. I don't want to do a diet! I want to work on making serious life changes not only for myself, but I'm also a graduate student and going to be a Family Nurse Practitioner and so I want to be an example for patients as well. If there is ANYONE out there who is willing to go along this journey with me I really would love some help and encouragement and I will do the same for you! I have lost about 17-18lb since May, want to be 145 by June 11 (my 30th bday) (50lbs) and have hit a lull, need some help! I do triathalons and would like to do a half-marathon this year for my 30th, so I like to exercise as well. Is there anyone out there who would like to be partners in this adventure (sort of sounds like a dating add)???? Thanks!

Replies

• lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i have about 50lb to lose. i want to do it now and be healthy so my daughters don't grow up with a mum who is always on a diet. Good luck :)
  • knmcgrady
    Options
    Hi! It sounds like we have the same motivation/goals in mind. I'm a Chiropractor/Acupuncturist and I need to be a better example for my patients. This summer I did two triathlons and I felt amazing. In the last few months I have been very lazy and gained 10 lbs and lost all my muscle tone. My goal is to do a full marathon at the end of April 2012...and a few half marathons along the way! Maybe we can keep each other motivated :smile:
  • Christi021270
    Options
    Good tip - If you eat it and you absolutely don' love it push it aside. Each time you do something even one thing a day the is for the better your one step closer to success. I have over 100 punds to lose but it is going to my year this year. If I can help and motivate along the way that will be an extra bounus. Good Luck keep up the great work. Each day is a new day.