Fallen off the wagon!

Hi Everyone!
I just came back from a long weekend of serious feasting and drinking...totally fell off the diet wagon and am pretty sure I gained a few pounds (even though I will say that I walked around...a lot).

Has any of you gone through the same? How long did it take before you lost the weight you gained from vacation? Did you do anything differently? Help!

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    eh on a long weekend you shouldn't gain much real fat.. But scale will prolly say you gained anything from 2-10 pounds depending on your size. This is primarily because of dehydration and sugar and salt intake... Drink lots and lots of water and get right back on your diet. Doubt you coulda gained more than a pound or two in actual fat.. Won't take longer than original loss of said pound or two :) we all fall off for a meal,a day a weekend or whatever once in a while. We are all just human and have all the temptation of the pre healthy life beconing.. Just get back to healthy and keep moving forward :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I usually recover from the weekends excesses by the following friday :noway: But I tend to retain water, unfortunately

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • I have done that before... just pick right back up where you left off and drink lots of water keep yourself hydrated! I am doing p90x workout dvds and Tony the trainer always says" Do your best and forget the rest". I live by those words!! Keep going!! don't get to discouraged!! it happens! Good Luck!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Darn near every weekend. UGH!! I'm working on the weekend binges.........
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    The biggest challenge with overcoming an undisciplined meal, day, weekend or week is mental. Get yourself back in the zone. Re-examine your goals, plan your days ahead for awhile, drink a lot of water, make sure you get in the exercise and forget about having fallen off the wagon. Let it go, and live better today. You can't do anything about what has already happened, but you CAN be focused and positive and forward thinking today. This does happen to everyone - the difference between the ones who let it take them out and the ones who overcome boils down to attitude. And THAT, you do have control over.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Darn near every weekend. UGH!! I'm working on the weekend binges.........

I am with you on this one and I even go hiking to help but I just want to eat and eat on the weekend....Maybe another underlying emotional issue (for me). LMAO
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Don't worry about it. It was only one weekend. As long as you enjoyed yourself that is the main thing. We only live once, I for one wouldn't expect to live the rest of my life to a strictly disciplined food plan without an occasional indulgence.
    Onwards and upwards :bigsmile:
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you for the encouraging replies everyone!! I will definitely be drinking lots and lots of water and "detoxing" this week.