Looking for ideas and suggestions for "rewards"

In the old days I was of the mindset to reward myself with a food treat when I reached a certain goal. Now somehow this time around that does not feel like the right thing to be doing! Anyone got any suggestions or ideas? I have lost 20 pounds and want to do something nice for "me"...... and some ideas to tuck away for my next 20 pounds!! Thanks everyone....this is a wonderful site with really great folks. I have not been disappointed.......

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    I bought some new workout clothes this past week for my 20lb loss. Its clothing but functional and will motivate me to work out more and look cute! :)
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    SHOES!!!!!!!! It may just be me, but I would do just about anything if I could go and get a new pair of shoes!!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    New outfit or piece of clothing or accessory (belt, jewelry, shoes, purse). Salon trip.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    I like using new clothes as a reward. A new size, a new way to see how you are improving.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 610 Member
    I reward myself with things like a pedicure/manicure or a new book to read, maybe take myself out to the movies (I enjoy going by myself occasionally) or buying a new piece of jewelry like a necklace or earrings. They are treats to remind myself of how good I'm doing and keep me motivated to keep going. The final reward is of course a new wardrobe so I'm saving for that with all that money I save by not eating out so much.
  • I reward myself for meeting intermediate goals with other self-care indulgences, like massages, mani-pedis. I still have all my smaller sized jeans, but if you dont that is a good reward.
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    I bought workout pants and some new training shoes. I also buy a new charm for my Pandora bracelet for a bigger milestone.

Congratulations on your 20lb loss
  • Clothes
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    Purse
    Spa day
    Massage
    weekend get away somewhere
    hair cut or hair change
    electronics
  • BitofBoyer
    BitofBoyer Posts: 8 Member
    Maybe a pedicure, massage, or facial. Something to help you relax and get pampered. I need to come up with a list too.
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    I think you deserve some pampering for yourself for a great loss like that! One of my special treats is to get a Spa Pedicure or Massage. :happy:
    I've seen people on the site reward themselves with fitness items that they've been wanting; i.e. new bike, new running shoes, etc...
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Eye lash Dye
    Blow dry
    Nails painted
    New Purse
    New Undies
    Facial
    New Purfume

These are the rings I have rewarded myself with..if only i'd lost some weight LOL
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    spa day
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    For me, mini goal #1 will be rewarded with a pedicure. mini goal #2 will be some turbofire gear. mini goal #3 (and final weight goal) will be a new tattoo. And final goal which is completing my workout program will be to get certified to teach TurboKick :)
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    for my mini goals achieved I reward myself

I have written the following on a bit of paper then cut them up and put them in bowl - I choose one when I reach a goal they buy it for myself - so in a tiny way each reward is a surprise

so I have the following
    one fat quarter (that is a bit of fabric)
    one ball of special yarn ( then make something with it)
    flowers
    nail varnish
    book for my kindle
    new lippy
    new hair ornament
    I know I have more than that but cant think without looking and would really love them to be surprises if I pull them out of the bowl

when I have had that particular one I put it back in so it could come back at any time :)
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    That is a totally personal thing it really is whatever makes YOU happy

but some ideas i love

manicure/ pedicure

beauty day: haircut or facial or massage

a new healthy cookbook

a new workout shirt

a new health item you've had your eye but haven't spent the money on yourself yet: an oil mister, food scale, juicer, grill pan

if budget is a primary concern maybe just schedule a coffee date with a friend or a relaxation day complete with favorite movie, bubble bath, and sleeping in without guilt

congrats!
  • So many options to choose from

Article of clothing
    Shoes
    A piece of jewelry
    A haircut with all the extras!
    Manicure and/or pedicure
    Go see a movie or a play
    Go have dinner at a nice place that serves awesome healthy food
    And there are many more options... like take a day trip to somewhere, pack healthy food!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    HOT CHOCOLATE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    ~A day in the spa ~ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Actually I have been checking out the summer clearances online and buying cloths in my expected size for next summer. They are cheap and helps keep me motivated to fit into them. Then maybe if we go somewhere warm in Feb, then maybe I will also have something to wear.
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    for my mini goals achieved I reward myself

I have written the following on a bit of paper then cut them up and put them in bowl - I choose one when I reach a goal they buy it for myself - so in a tiny way each reward is a surprise

so I have the following
    one fat quarter (that is a bit of fabric)
    one ball of special yarn ( then make something with it)
    flowers
    nail varnish
    book for my kindle
    new lippy
    new hair ornament
    I know I have more than that but cant think without looking and would really love them to be surprises if I pull them out of the bowl

when I have had that particular one I put it back in so it could come back at any time :)

I really like the idea of making it a suprise! Thank you for the idea!