I can't believe how much I used to eat!

Options
I remember one night in particular, my ex-boyfriend & I had been drinking beer all night. We decided that McDonald's was in order, so we each picked up two double cheeseburgers & a small fry. Well, he ended up falling asleep before he ate, so I sat down... And... Stuffed all four cheeseburgers & two fries down my fat throat. Yup. :explode:

Out of curiosity, I just looked up the calories of that. 2,220. That's nearly DOUBLE my suggested daily caloric intake.

As if that wasn't bad enough, it was even like that binge was my dinner. I had already eaten massive amounts of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. In addition to all the beer we had been drinking.

I mean, we're looking at easily over 6,000 here. Easily.

No wonder I gained thirty pounds in four months. :noway:

Thank you, MFP! You saved me from myself! :heart:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    That'll do it!:noway:
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a package of Reese's Cups in the morning and another in the afternoon. And sometimes that was on top of a Whopper with Cheese and Onion Rings, not to mention breakfast, sausage link and eggs and whatever pizza or pasta for dinner. Yikes, it's no wonder I had to drop nearly 40 lbs!!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it...I have surely been there! So proud of you for taking the steps to eat healthier! You can add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • ezranch208
    ezranch208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree and was also eating way too much. Thank you MFP for opening our eyes so we learn when to close our mouths! LOL!
  • anniem2709
    Options
    I totally agree, I would do the same thing. It didn't seem like so much at the time, but journaling everything really opened my eyes! :)
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    We've all been there. :embarassed:
    My idea of a small portion could feed an army for a week :laugh: A typical chinese take out would consist of Pork balls (yep whole portion just for me), rice (I may share that with hubby), a whole chow mein, a whole main dish and prawn crackers! :embarassed:

When my husband cooks a roast dinner you don't know whether to eat it or climb it (he doesn't have a weight problem *tsk* :angry: )

The thing is - I could still eat that much if I allowed myself to. Stomachs don't shrink, they just lie in wait for the next binge :laugh: