Fibromyalgia/anti inflammatory foods?

Options
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any supplements or foods that may help pain associated with fibromyalgia and fatigue.

Thanks.

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eat a boat load of spinach! Spinach is suppose to be amazing for inflammation. :)
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    I take omega fish oil.
  • ninaklooster
    Options
    nutritiondata.com rates food according to antiflamatory qualities. I find staying away from dairy, meat and butter helps me.
  • vastra
    vastra Posts: 36
    Options
    I know its not what you asked specifically but I find exercise to be the best way to easy fibro pain and fatigue, even when you don't feel like doing it, nothing too strenuous, just a bit of stretching if nothing else. It is a wonder cure for me, and if I'm careful it will give me a couple of hours free from pain!
    Good luck, hope you find something that works for you! :) x
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    EFA's (Omega3-6). Use coconut oil for cooking and sesame, flax or walnut oils for salads and veggies. They all have EFA's.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    omega 3s and B12 helps my fatigue. not GREAT, but it helps. good luck.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Grain causes inflammation. Paleo/Primal diets are anti-inflammatory. You might want to read Robb Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution or Mark Sisson's book, The Primal Blueprint.

Turmeric (in yellow mustard and in curries), EFA's, Vitamin D3 (you're probably not getting enough even if you supplement),
  • Capfau
    Capfau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear Chia is a super food - anybody have any thoughts on this??
  • LoserMom_3
    Options
    Heya! My mom has fibro and I'm forever trying to guide her, but she wants nothing to so w/ my suggestions. Try reading the G-Free diet by Elizabeth Haselbeck... I loved it. I am not Gluten free mysefl, but I avoid it when possible. Google Gluten Free and Fibromyelgia and see what you get..... LOTS of stuff out there, as gluten causes inflammation in some people, esp those with autoimmune diseases. I found this out when researching for diets to help w/ celiac/autoimmune thyroid disease.
    Good luck!
  • frmeital
    Options
    This is a list inflammatory foods to avoid:

Sugar, from any source
    Oils such as vegetable and corn
    Processed foods
    French Fries
    Pasta
    White bread
    Ice Cream
    Cheddar Cheeses
    Soda, caffeine and alcohol
    Snack foods

And this a list of anti-inflammatory foods:

Alaskan Salmon, green tea, olive oil, fresh whole vegetables and fruits (5 different colors of vegetables every day), nuts and seeds, oatmeal, water, turmeric and ginger (spices), dark green leafy vegetables. If possible – only lean poultry and once a week only!

Source: http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/inflammatory-foods-list/