Need Breakfast Ideas!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cherfu
    Options
    I don't have time to make eggs, I need something quick, and I got sick of oatmeal after about 3 days... :)

I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and low fat milk. It has 8 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber in a 1 cup serving (not even counting the milk) and I actually stay full for hours after. I buy it at Kroger, Costco has it, so it is probably everywhere. There is just a little bit of honey in the cereal so it tastes sweet, but I usually add blueberries too.

I have this too but with greek yoguart instead of milk....keeps me full for a very long time :) Also a healthy pancake receipe:

4 egg whites
    1 cup of cottage cheese
    1 cup of oats (don't worry it dosen't taste like oatmeal)
    I add some vanilla and cinnemon to taste. Mix it all in the blender, put the oats in last...and these are very good pancakes :)
  • drjprianti
    Options
    1/2 a cup of low-fat yogurt and 1/4 cup of granola. 225 calories (although you could probably bump it down further if you used low-fat, fake sugar yogurt and/or subbed in your favorite low-cal cereal for the granola). Also goes great with a 2 T. of dried fruit.

It tastes rich and is high in fiber, calcium, and protein.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Make your own Musli!!!

Mix 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
    2 tsp raw honey
    2 tbsp chopped walnuts
    a dash of cinnamon in a bowl.

Add 1 cup water; cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
    Serve topped with 1 apple, chopped.

Calories: 349 per serving
    Fat: 13 g (1 g saturated)
    Carbs: 56 g
    Fiber: 8 g
    Protein: 8 g
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    Wow I want to try this sounds really good.
  • surgib
    surgib Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement Protein Powder. It is awesome. I have the vanilla, strawberry creme, and chocolate flavors. I mix and match shake depending on how I feel. Below are a couple of recipes.

1 scoop of Chocolate flavor protein powder
    1/2 small banana
    3 tablespoons of fat free vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup of almond milk original unsweetend
    several cubes of ice

1 scoop of Strawberry creme
    1 pineapple ring slice
    1/2 banana
    3 tbsp of fat free yogurt of your choice (i.e. vanilla, plain, strawberry, peach, blueberry)
    1/4 cup of almond milk original unsweetened
    several cubes of ice

I pretty much mix and match. All these amount to 140-190 calories depending on the additional fruit amounts. Really filling makes about 16-24 ounces depending on the amount of ice and fruit you add. Hope this helps
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have this too but with greek yoguart instead of milk....keeps me full for a very long time :) Also a healthy pancake receipe:

4 egg whites
    1 cup of cottage cheese
    1 cup of oats (don't worry it dosen't taste like oatmeal)
    I add some vanilla and cinnemon to taste. Mix it all in the blender, put the oats in last...and these are very good pancakes :)

I love yogurt with my cereal in place of milk. It's a lot more satisfying! And I'm definitely trying this pancake recipe!
  • hdrussell
    hdrussell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to make an omelet with southwest style egg beaters and a little low fat pizza blend shredded cheese. Sometimes I buy the little packs of diced ham and throw in too and top with salsa,
  • jenoco71
    Options
    I am a clean eater so my breakfast typically consists of either 2 eggs or 1 egg w/2 egg whites plus some sort of veggie. My favorites are 2 eggs, sunny side up over either raw spinach or grilled asparagus and a little shaved parmesan cheese. I vary my eggs daily so I don't get bored with it. I also vary my veggies for the same reason. Every so often I'll add some brown rice to the mix. The soft yolk makes a 'gravy'.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I have to be at work in the mornings for 8am so I don't usually have time to cook myself something for breakfast in the week. My on the go breakfast is usually a breakfast wrap, which I make by spreading a small amount of nutella or peanut butter onto a small flour tortilla then topping it with a chopped banana and wrapping it up. I think it would also be nice to add in some chopped nuts but I never usually have any in the flat.

When I have time in the mornings, usually just at the weekend, I have baked grapefruit which is half a grapefruit drizzled with honey and a pinch of cinnamon and baked in the oven for 15 mins at 180C. Or I'll have scrambled eggs with mushrooms on wholemeal toast.

I've never been a fan of breakfast foods so I always like to see new breakfast ideas, I especially like the one with the english muffin, scrambled eggs, spinach and ham, I like I'll try that one at the weekend!