tired - what am i doing wrong...

Options
and i dont meant just tired - i mean flat out exhausted.

yeah, yeah, im a mom to two. i work part time from home. i am a wife. i do all the things that come along with that crap, BUT with that being said, i wantn even THIS tired before i started exercising and eating right.

i go to the gym 5-6 days a week at 45 - 60 mins each; sometimes a class, sometimes machines. admittedly, i dont get enough shut eye, but that's been my norm for about 10 years now - about 7 hours a sleep on average - sometimes 6, sometimes 9. just depends.

i am exhausted all the time - and most especially now, about two hours after my workout. i come home and eat lunch and youll see by my diary (minus the cheetos please) it's protein-type food. i'm trying to work now but am lacking the stamina to sit here much longer (altho i will because i need the money).

any ideas, tips, etc. for one freakin' exhausted lady?! thanks in advance.

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a multivitamin every day. . Vitamin deficiency can make you tired. . I would have your thyroid levels taken as well.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    thyroid levels are all in check. but the multivitamin, no, i'm not taking...hmmm...
  • janetmp10
    Options
    I cant see your food journal unless I add you as a friend, which I'd be happy to do! Usually being tired means you aren't eating enough! Make sure you are eating all of your activity calories. There was a great post the other day from a personal trainer who was actually professionally and academically trained in it and she went on about how important it was to eat all your activity calories. If you don't, one of the things your body does is become VERY tired! I've found this to be true. I have Shakeology for breakfast and it really gives me energy! (http://tinyurl.com/65ffdz7) It also really helps with my cravings! I also try to eat healthier snacks like peaches & cottage cheese...etc.!

Good luck! I know the feeling! I have 3 kiddos (one is 4 months...but she's the easy one! lol!)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Get a multivitamin with a lot of B-complex in it. Also you might try a small carb-y snack before your workout, like a piece of toast or fruit.
  • paravision
    Options
    I cant see your food journal unless I add you as a friend, which I'd be happy to do! Usually being tired means you aren't eating enough! Make sure you are eating all of your activity calories. There was a great post the other day from a personal trainer who was actually professionally and academically trained in it and she went on about how important it was to eat all your activity calories. If you don't, one of the things your body does is become VERY tired! I've found this to be true. I have Shakeology for breakfast and it really gives me energy! (http://tinyurl.com/65ffdz7) It also really helps with my cravings! I also try to eat healthier snacks like peaches & cottage cheese...etc.!

Good luck! I know the feeling! I have 3 kiddos (one is 4 months...but she's the easy one! lol!)

I agree, you probably need to eat more. Remember your busy and need the food to sustain that life style <3
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty busy too (with a lot of the same things that keep you busy) and the only time I'm ever tired is when I'm not sleeping well and not eating enough.

If you're that tired the first 2 things I'd suggest are to go to bed earlier and eat more.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Are you eating properly (including enough fat and protein?
    Are you sleeping well, and enough?
    Are you stressed out about something?
    Are you prone to anemia?