New and looking for support and motivation!

Options
My name is Shannon. I have to lose weight for medical reasons and have had the hardest time doing so. My problem is that I never have support, guidance or consequences. My husband tries to support me anyway he can but he's never had weight issues and just doesn't understand wuite what I'm going through. I have a disease that is basically preventing me from getting pregnant and the first course of action is to lose about 45 lbs. I could use a few friends to keep me motivated and on track and not let me get away with "falling off the wagon." Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you!

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi,
    Im sorry tohear about your medical problem. I hope the weight loss helps.
    I would be happy to provide support and motivation if yuo care to add me.

Take care and best wishes on your weight loss.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well welcome to MFP. I have found this to be very supportive and eye opening. There are many wonderful people here that will help you as you struggle through weight loss. It is never easy but this at least makes it better.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • babymhere
    Options
    Sorry to here about your disease, but I want you to know that i've also lacked the motivation and support i always wanted...so every time i started a new diet i always ended up gaining weight because nobody believe i can do it. But trust me you can do it.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm also here for medical reasons. I have a hip problem that developed osetoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in my ankle. Feel free to add me, its a great site. :smile: I have the same goal of 45ls, which now is 43lbs.

You can do it.
  • Fockertots
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.

Last year I learned that I was tied into a diagnosis that prevented me from getting pregnant as well and it was all connected to weight issues. As of today, I have changed my lifestyle and lost enough weight that my "syndrome" cured itself and I'm 100% healthy!! So... if I can do it ANYONE can do it.

Feel free to add me and I'll help you as much as I can.
  • weluvlife
    Options
    HI there! I am new to myfitnesspal, thanks to a beloved friend! I am eager to lean how to navigate this site and start seeing results. Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated!!
  • cmthgrimes
    cmthgrimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here - add me. I know how you need support other than from your husband. For mine its too easy for him to lose weight and it makes me frustrated. Hopefully in a few months you will be able to defeat your medical issues.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

add me for support and motivation if you like x

11627635.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • junehart1
    Options
    hi Shannon. Im fairly new. Just logged in my first 20 days. Its addictive and everyone is very friendly. Lots of tips and ideas. Good luck. every day is a new day. don't give up. I was already losing weight with weightwatchers but it was slow going and expensive then one day I thought enough of 'gimmicks'...... It all comes down to calories. Think of our bodies as fires which only need so much to keep going. Any surplus is just a waste let us know how you get on..
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You will find LOTS of support, encouragement, and inspiration here! I surround myself with such people.

I've made many friends here and we all encourage. I have also found WONDERFUL inspiration on Facebook. :-) And I like to share with my friends list from time to time.

Add me and we can root each other on!

Thanks for the post. Good luck in all that you do and stay focused on your goals.

SLB