Endometriosis

Options
Hello,
I was just diagnosed with endo this month. I'm going to start Lupron shots that will last for six months. Just wondering if anyone has endometriosis and how do you deal with the pain? I was thinking about starting the endo diet but not sure if thats for me.

Thanks for any advice you might have,
Mary

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy done when I was 26 due to endometriosos!!!!
  • mmildice
    Options
    Did you try the depo Lupron shots? I'm really nervous about starting them.
  • nursechelsii
    nursechelsii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would make sure to do research before starting anything. There are alot of forums and information out there on the web. Good luck!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends had endometriosis. It sounds as though she was treated in the same manner you're being treated and she had a great outcome. :) Her pain gradually got better thanks to treatment, but she did get regular massages, and took a lot of Advil and she says that combo was good for her. Best of luck to you. :)
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with it in 1995. The doctor told me that if I could get pregnant - which was hard if not impossible to do when you have endometriosis -- it would solve the problem due to some shedding of the inner uterine wall after the baby is born (or something like that). I don't know if it was true or not, but it worked. My son is 16 now (and don't get your panties in a twist, I didn't get pregnant for that reason it just happened).

The pain is a horrible thing to deal with. I looked like an old woman when I walked because I was so bent over from the pain and it even hurt to lift my feet off the floor. Unfortunately, my doctor wanted to track my progress for 6-months before she would treat it to see how it was progressing, so I suffered for three months, but I haven't had any problems since then.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had/have endometriosis and the experience was tough for me. I am presently 31 and it began in my early 20's. I had 2 surgeries to remove cysts. The issue I delt with was my first doctor didn't beleive that I was still experiencing pain the second time around and I gave up on her. All of the tests they did and scans showed nothing but I fortunately found a dr who cared enough to believe in me and did exploritory surgery finding more cysts. It didn't show because I had a huge amount of scar tissue. I was so sad when he told me he was leaving town soon after this because he helped me sooo much. I then recovered and was immediately put on birthcontrol to force my body into menopause! I really didn't care at that point. When I was in all of that pain before I just wanted a hysterectomy- but all of the drs and my support said no I was too young. I was at such a low point. I actually found the birth control helped me in several ways- I had depression and mood swings which this helped to control as well as pain. I eventually got on a depo shot to not have to deal w/pills and chose recently(within the last 2 months) to try to get off birth control completely. I want to see if I can control my body and not let it control me. My personal choice. So far so good. I don't have any experience with lupron but I would do research along w/what dr tells you. Be your own advocate! Good luck. Any questions do not hesitate to contact me:)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Laparoscopy for adhesion removal (3 times in 12 years) and natural progesterone cream have helped me more than anything!!! I've also noticed that certain foods trigger inflammation, particularly during PMS ~ dairy, alcohol or chocolate/sugar kill me. :sad: Synthetic hormones make me insane, and Lupron scared the hell out of me ~ the surgery was easy and a huge relief.....unfortunately, it seems I have to do it every 4-5 years.

I've had PCOS since puberty and endometriosis since my late 20s ~ it has been challenging treating two opposing hormone issues! Please feel free to message me if I can help in any way ~it's a very painful condition!
  • vballscriscuolo
    vballscriscuolo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just got diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome....not quite endometryosis but on my way there.....I have not heard of lupron shots but i always tell anyone be it friends or family to get a second opinion before starting any sort of serious medical treatment. Good luck and feel free to add me for support!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2008 but recently was feeling that there was something else going on too so my GP referred me to a Gynaecologist. He booked me in for a diagnostic laparoscopy and found out I had Endometriosis - apparently quite a bad patch of it too...there I was beginning to think that my pain was normal lol!! Anyways, I've now been referred to another chap who is going to do another laparoscopy to remove the Endo. Just waiting on an appointment now...fingers crossed it won't be too long!!

It will then be an ongoing check-up type routine over the next 18 months to see how it goes.

Not heard of lupron shots though I'm afraid - up until now I've just been dosing myself up with paracetamol, codeine, ibuprofen, aspirin and mefanamic acid - nice cocktail but it numbs the pain a bit...obviously this comes from a doctors guidance though and I wouldn't want to recommend it lol!!
  • melcgelinas
    melcgelinas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have both Endo & PCOS. I have gained a lot of weight in the 6 years since being diagnosed. I had 4 surgeries, 2 laparoscopies & 2 laparotomies, in less than 4 years. Also, just the pain of the endo has been difficult to exercise. I have decided however, that I am going to be in pain no matter what & I am not going to let it control my life any more. I have 40 more pounds I'd like to lose to be at a healthy weight. I want to have children & knowing that I am not getting any younger (about to be 33) and having these 2 medical conditions, I figure losing the weight now will only increase my chances of conceiving, when the time comes. I've lost 5lbs in 5 days and feeling great. I still have the most pain at night and have missed a few days of working out, because I felt really crappy, but overall, I feel pretty good. I have so much more energy and confidence, it is giving me control over my life, which I had given to the endo & pcos for far too long!!!

Feel free to add me. Also, if you are on fb & have endo, please check out my support group! It is a CLOSED Group, so only members can see any of the content. *Sorry, but this is a ladies only group!*

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21070399191/