protein shakes NOT TO GAIN

Options
Hey, I posted a topic recently about protein shakes, how ever some people didn't read the bit where I said not to gain! Lol anyone got an idea of any good protein shakes that taste good and don't stimulate gain? I live in the uk by the way.

Replies

• windyweather88
    Options
    Special K Protein Shakes... taste wonderful
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    no shake will promote weight gain unless it puts you over your calories for the day.

That being said, just get whey protein powder (very little carbs and sugar) and add whatever you want. I usually have vanilla protein powder and add milk, frozen berries, or frozen banana, a little oatmeal, and if it is not sweet enough I either add a tsp of jam, honey or agave nectar.
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use Bodytronics from Discount Supplements. The black cherry flavour is delicious.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    no shake will promote weight gain unless it puts you over your calories for the day.

That being said, just get whey protein powder (very little carbs and sugar) and add whatever you want. I usually have vanilla protein powder and add milk, frozen berries, a little oatmeal and if it is not sweet enough I either add a tsp of jam, honey or agave nectar.

Agreed
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

That being said, just get whey protein powder (very little carbs and sugar) and add whatever you want. I usually have vanilla protein powder and add milk, frozen berries, or frozen banana, a little oatmeal, and if it is not sweet enough I either add a tsp of jam, honey or agave nectar.

Pretty much this. Protein shakes in themselves don't cause you to gain weight. It's the excess calories that can be present in the protein shakes that will make you gain. (So, all of the comments on your other thread are valid comments and would work in your protein shake quest.)
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Ditto!!!
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    PHD Diet Whey, it's slow release, tastes GREAT and the texture is really good as well. Best I've tried so far, beats Maximuscle for texture. Don't bother with "Optimus Protein" as it's rubbish.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Most protein shakes are around 130 calories. You're not going to gain much with those few calories -- unless you're drinking them non stop all day every day.

Are you looking to use it to replace a snack/meal or in addition to your regular foods?
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    THE BEST EVER......HANDS DOWN. Great stuff and taste great!
    http://www.IgniteItNow.com
    (Scott Brady)
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Zoic makes a high protein shake that is about 90 calories a can
    EAS Advantage has high protein, low carb drinks that are about 110 ...
  • cmowery12
    cmowery12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Ideal Shape Meal Replacement shakes. Taste is good and it actually fills you up.
  • Fugss
    Fugss Posts: 1
    Options
    Best shake I've had, and I've tried many are Jay Robb. http://www.jayrobb.com/

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Whey derived from grass fed and hormone free cows, sweetened with stevia. Nor artificial anything.

I personally like the Chocolate and Strawberry flavors in the Whey protein. I bought some PB2 and mix that in there and it tastes great. I have a shake everyday for breakfast. You can get creative and throw a bananna or unsweetened coconut, or some Hersheys Coccoa powder to make it more chocolatey.

Really is great. I use a magic bullet to mix it, they are pretty inexpensive and you can use it for a million things. I would make sugar free water ice with it in the summer, salsa, you name it.

You can get the Jay Robb at Whole Foods or online. PB2 I ordered from http://bellplantation.com/

We got our magic bullet from Costco, it was a great set that had a large pitcher in it which is great for making the water ice and other recipes that require a large cup.