Junk food I hate you!!!

Options
I hate having these urges! I think i'm addicted on junk, I have been trying really hard not to eat junk. Is there some sort of junk eating rehab, because these urges are getting out of hand.

Replies

• LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just have one low calorie junk a day till eventually you wont craze junk at all :)
    I love cakes and cookies and I eat them now but just lower calorie and even sugar free versions. It helps and sometimes I dont even crave it :)
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    i wish there was cause at the moment i seem to be snacking alot even though in my cal allowence when i look at my diary it looks bad so i am trying to cut back from today and eat healthy:smile:
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Find something healthy that replaces the 'junk'
    How about a granola bar w/ chocolate in it....
    A rice cake w/ peanut butter on it....
    something like that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When you find the rehab, let me know....I'm a junk food junkie too!!
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    just think what you are doing to your body how unhealthy it is, the healthier you eat the heathier longer life you will lead.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Seriously... our office has Krispy Kremes and even though I know it's like 300 calories for one doughnut, I want it so bad right now. Sweet tea and carrot sticks usually helps me, but right now I'm just avoiding looking at the doughnuts and hope they go away.
  • degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a substitution thing. On my particular plan I eat a lot of lightly salted nuts, crispy fruits, pork rinds and jerky, They all take care of the junk snack cravings and stick around a while. As to meals, I just fix stuff smaller with lots of flavor. Lots of Cabbage and other high fiber vegies. Again, lots of crispy fruit. Frozen Berries and Yogurt are a great sweet substitue, as are sauteed apples and cinnamon (recipes abound). Not sure what kind of plan YOU have chosen but for me a lower carb plan has been relatively easy to find substitutions for high carb options. Exception is the Pizza craving. Still haven't found a way around that one yet :)
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    The more you eat healthy, the less you crave junk food. I used to be the same way, but it's getting a lot better.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It's taking awhile...but I'm doing this without artificial sweeteners. I eliminated all artificial sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup, from my diet 4.5 years ago. Switching from diet coke to water shed 5lbs.

In terms of junk food, I have found that I actually don't like chips, they're just a vehicle for salsa. And the first scoop of Haagen-Dazs (which I offset with exercise calories) tastes way better than the second or third.

Doughnuts...I love a good doughnut...unfortunately most of them aren't good. Wait for one of those and savor it.
  • pixelatedhitch
    pixelatedhitch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Some good tips, I also noticed when I close my eyes and drink water it helps lol
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Antioxidants. Modest sugar. Endorphins. and good fat. Everything the body needs during a craving. LOL ;)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of junk food it is that you're craving, but try to find a healthy substitution! Make your own junk food, but make it with healthy ingredients! Swap out the highly processed foods for something you make yourself!

Eventually you will start to crave healthy non-processed foods!

Good luck!