Favorite Yoga DVDs

Options
What's your favorite yoga DVD and why? I've rented several and haven't been wowed yet. TIA!

Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Jillian's yoga meltdown!
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I really like the ones in the Crunch Series that Sarah Ivanhoe does. For some reason she doesn't bother me.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I really dig Rodney Yee's 'Power Yoga Total Body'.
    -It is about the right level for me
    -Length is about 60 minutes without the intro
    -His voice is really...soothing I guess - I find it to not irritate or irk me, even if I am doing this regularly.
    -Shot in Hawaii, the backdrop is GORGEOUS!
    -And I like the progression from standing to seated postures to the cool-down/relaxation at the end.

It has been mentioned this might be a bit intense for people totally new to yoga, but I find it very enjoyable.

Good luck on your quest!
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Rodney Yee's (I think that's his last name) A.M. Yoga. It has 5 sessions, one for every day of the week. Each of them are 25 minutes. I like doing them first thing I wake up. It's a nice transition from asleep to awake. His voice is soothing and the vid takes place atop a cliff at a beautiful canyon. You can hear a pan flute in the background.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Keep up the search - it took me quite awhile to find yoga I liked.

Sara Ivanhoe is great - her manner is very down to earth. My favorite is Yoga Body Makeover; these are a series of 20 minute workouts. Now compiled in a 2 disc set.

Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga has a music only option. This is 2 - 30 minute workouts. The Yoga Sculpt one is great - you use handweights - nice change.

Ellen Barrett - Yogini. This is not strictly yoga, but rather a blend of yoga & pilates. I just love Ellen Barrett's style.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to check out your suggestions. =)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My favorite is where Boo Boo helps him steal the picnic basket and then hide from Mr. Ranger.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My favorite is where Boo Boo helps him steal the picnic basket and then hide from Mr. Ranger.

LOL - needed the giggle today - thanks TheRoadDog!