Need someone to push me!

Options
Hi my name is Shannon! I'm new to MFP. my doctor suggested it because I have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months and nothing has happened......well today I got diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and she said the first thing I needed to do to make it better was lose weight and she suggested I sign up for this. My problem is with any diet I always end up falling off because I don't have the support and understanding from my family and friends so I'm hoping to meet some great friends on here who can help. Thanks a lot!!

Replies

• RONI11
    RONI11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, I know its hard to stick to it, but it will be worth it in the end. I know you can do this :)
    Feel free to add me for support<3
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    friend me
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon!

You have found a good home here at MFP. The people are really supportive and you get a lot of good tips on how to live healthy. Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle. The way you want to feel all the time, the goals you have set. That helps me a lot. Add me if you want, I try to log in every day and maintain a positive attitude and I'd be happy to help keep up the morale :smile:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me I'll push you if you push back :P
    This site is awesome.. Enjoy it and stay dedicated and you'll be where you wanna be sooner than you think :)
  • 8dozendiets
    Options
    Please friend me. I would love to help and would appreciate your help as well.
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there. This sounds like a good plan for you. It is important for you to lose in a healthy way since you have such an important goal :-). Hope the next 6 months bring great things for you.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS to and had a difficult time with my fertility for a while. I now have 2 wonderful daughters (3 years and 15 months) and considering trying for a third. Just know you aren't alone and you will find the support you need here. Feel free to friend me, I would love to support you! :flowerforyou:
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    YOu can friend me too! :) this is a great way to keep track of what you are eating and you will meet a lot of great people on here. Good luck!
  • jwhit8791
    Options
    I was also diagnosed with PCOS about 6 years ago. I was put on medication for about a year and a half and was told to lose some weight also. That is not easy when you are put on meds that make you gain weight.

Anyway, long story short, I just had our third child so you CAN do this. Please feel free to friend me, if you like. :)