Hubby and Wife - Doin it together!!

Options
landay
landay Posts: 43 Member
Just wanted to encourage those of you that would like have your spouse join you on your weight loss journey. My husband and I started using this website together, and in the process we have both lost over 50 pounds. He has been a TREMENDOUS help and support to me, and I know that getting healthy has brought us closer. It has been so exciting to get healthy as a couple, and to see both of our lives change!!!

I'm hoping that my pictures post below... I can never seem to get it right. Here's what I did: http.....jpg If they don't post, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

?action=view&current=eric-and-lana.jpg

?action=view&current=Pumpkinpatchedited.jpg

Replies

• GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is SUCH an encouragement!! I am hoping to get my hubby inspired enough to start on this website as well because it has sure helped me a lot! Keep up the good work!
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thats great! It's wonderful to have someone to do it with you.

Although your title did have me wondering.....:)
  • beatriz9085
    beatriz9085 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husbadn and I are doing this together aswell. sometimes i get discourage since he looses weight much faster than me. =( But he is definetly a great husband and inspires me to be my best.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage those of you that would like have your spouse join you on your weight loss journey. My husband and I started using this website together, and in the process we have both lost over 50 pounds. He has been a TREMENDOUS help and support to me, and I know that getting healthy has brought us closer. It has been so exciting to get healthy as a couple, and to see both of our lives change!!!

I'm hoping that my pictures post below... I can never seem to get it right. Here's what I did: http.....jpgIf they don't post, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!?action=view&current=eric-and-lana.jpg

?action=view&current=Pumpkinpatchedited.jpg
  • lijparsons
    Options

I'm hoping that my pictures post below... I can never seem to get it right. Here's what I did: http.....jpg If they don't post, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

?action=view&current=eric-and-lana.jpg[img][/img]?action=view&current=Pumpkinpatchedited.jpg[img][/img]

I tried!! I can't fix your pics either! Sorry.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Here are your pictures, you need to use the direct link under urls on photobucket and surround with
    at the front and at the end removing spaces after both img's IYSWIM
    eric-and-lana.jpg

Pumpkinpatchedited.jpg
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    thats awesome my wife and I have been doing it together since january this year, and are down a combined 168 lbs
  • MMAsac
    Options
    thats awesome my wife and I have been doing it together since january this year, and are down a combined 168 lbs
  • MMAsac
    Options
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Two years ago we lost 70lbs total for both of us and just recently started this a few weeks ago, not working at it together as much and that is a bad thing because then one person gets accused of being the diet police, typically me, when I ask why didn't log in, and that makes me an insensitive @#$%# . So I don't say much anymore and just hope we can be an example for each other, if I do good maybe she will and vice versa!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Good for you (and Hubby)!

And those of you who haven't got your man off the couch, don't despair. My husband wasn't very encouraging in the beginning. At one point, he even openly attacked my efforts. But I kept doing what I was doing, and he suddenly decided to try it for himself. We work out together now, and it's the most fun we've had as a couple in a long time.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband started running with me and now he is on MFP with the nickname 'Fatchair'.

I am currently enjoying watching him pump iron in the living room P90 Arms & Shoulders <fans herself>
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are losing weight together , we joined the gym together and he goes with me like every other night during the week and Saturdays , he is not as into as I am , I joined this but sent him a request to join with me and he won't , Also he won't count his calories but had changed his eating a little , as for me , I am obsessed with this website (as he calls it) I track all my food and exercise , I work out 2 hours a day with one rest day , I have lost 13 pounds so far , him 3 and it will be a month for us this Thursday !
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You are a good-looking couple. You look so much younger now. :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hot couple!! you both are awesome!!!!!!!!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic!! My hubby and I lost a total of 110 pounds together. Then, I got pregnant and we both gained (me 47 and him 10) I had my angel and am ready to lose these leftover 28 pounds and he's ready to lose his ten again. I can't imagine doing this without his support. Glad to see another couple supporting each other. Congrats!
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband and I jointed MFP together 30 days ago. I don't think either of us would be successful had the other not been willing to make these life changes as well. Congrats to you and yours. It does become a little frustrating watching him lose at a much faster rate, but just knowing he is there for me makes it all worth it. :wink:
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My husband has no desire to get his butt up off the couch :grumble:
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You both look fantastic!! My hubby and I lost a total of 110 pounds together. Then, I got pregnant and we both gained (me 47 and him 10) I had my angel and am ready to lose these leftover 28 pounds and he's ready to lose his ten again. I can't imagine doing this without his support. Glad to see another couple supporting each other. Congrats!

Same thing happened with us!
  • landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats great! It's wonderful to have someone to do it with you.

Although your title did have me wondering.....:)

HAA!!! That's hilarious
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!