Never Ending Plateau

Options
For the last two months I have been at a stand still. I have lost 51lbs since Februaury and although the weight loss did slow down, I have even started to work harder the last two months by adding crossfit and TRX training. My food intake is still healthy and balanced.

I know, I know... you are building muscle and muscle weighs more... BUT it has been two months and I still have weight to lose to be at a healthy range.

Any advice?! I thought switching up the workouts would help, but nothing!

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetsteph03
    sweetsteph03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump? Do explain...
  • lexximan
    Options
    It just means that I am also curious about this. Bump to save the place so I can come back and see what answers you get =]]

Sorry no help. Having sort of the same problem.
  • lexximan
    Options
    It just means that I am also curious about this. Bump to save the place so I can come back and see what answers you get =]]

Sorry no help. Having sort of the same problem.
  • sweetsteph03
    Options
    Funny, we are at the same weight right now (and same height) and have the same goals!

Let me know if you find anything that works for you. After two months of this, I am getting impatient. And the TRX Crossfit stuff is not cheap. I feel stronger but it is supposed to make the weight come off as well. I have invested $700 into this training!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    For the last two months I have been at a stand still. I have lost 51lbs since Februaury and although the weight loss did slow down, I have even started to work harder the last two months by adding crossfit and TRX training. My food intake is still healthy and balanced.

I know, I know... you are building muscle and muscle weighs more... BUT it has been two months and I still have weight to lose to be at a healthy range.

Have you taken a break from the workout? Body is getting use to the working out....confuse it and start it up again..
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, but I am in the same boat. 2 months, no change!! Very hard to stay motivated but i am giving it a shot..
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try adjusting your calorie intake either up or down. Test it out for 3 weeks and then see what happens.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Gawd, I would like to know this anser too. I have tried switching up workouts, balancing my diet differently, zig-zagging calories, increasing calories, 30 Day Shred. Nothing has helped.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it! I've lost a little over 50 lbs in 2 years. Slow I know but it has stayed off. I've been at a stand still for like a year now. I keep with in cals and excerise 4-5 times a week. I got into running and that seemed to have spurred a bit of weight loss. I just try to workout harder and longer. Also trying different types of workouts. I tried spinning, kickboxing, etc.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

Have you taken a break from the workout? Body is getting use to the working out....confuse it and start it up again..

heh. I was just going to say this same thing. Its actually possible to work out too much. The body needs rest and recovery days....especially with intense workouts like crossfit and TRX. try working out just 3-4x per week (every other day) and see what happens.

also, your journal isn't public so I don't know if there are any minor adjustments to your nutrition plan that might help.

congrats on a solid journey thus far. keep working hard...but not too hard.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    it sounds crazy, but sometimes I increase my calories when this happens to me. try doing that for a week like incrasing 200 calories a day and then going back to the intake you are doing now after the wek, or maybe just increasing by 100 calories a day altogether, sounds like you are burning a ton!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your goal? Have your measurements changed over the last 2 months?
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd change up your diet.....I was on a never ending plateau for 4 months and decided to go lower my carbs...I cut out sugar, anything processed pretty much....cut out all fruit for 2 weeks.....i lost 10 lbs in a month....i slowly started adding healthy carbs back in after 2 weeks and if i start and i notice my weightloss at a stand still again , i lower them...it works for me....I eat very high good fats like olive oil, nuts, butter, full fat dairy because of the lower carb....fat is your energy source instead of carbs and I LOVE IT....but do it for how ever long it works to jump start your weightloss...everybody different.... you may only have to do it for a few days....I'd shoot for 50-100 carbs a day and lower as you can. you can friend me if you want...also You can just once a week lower your calories really really low or go the opposite up your calories by 500....it just a way for you to confuse your body so it wont get comfortable....hope this helps you!!
  • sweetsteph03
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I have tried to take a week off to let my body rest at the encouragment of a trainier at LA Fitness.

I have actually played with my diet a little to see if that would help.

I guess it is just one of those things... maybe my body will finally decide to kick itself in the *kitten* and get going again.

My persoanl trainier at my private gym suggested taking a green tea fat burner. Maybe this will help?
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hjacenko
    hjacenko Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a cleanse or acupuncture?
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see the responses to this as well...I've been at a plateau for the past four months and, even though I've upped my workouts and have gone harsh with my diet, I haven't budged an inch.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Take a week off from your workouts and up your calories by around 100 see what happens. You need to play around with all of this and see how your body reacts
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like the idea about giving the workout a break. I am having the same plateau problem! Lost 30 pounds and am happy about that, don't get me wrong, but have flat-lined for months. Maybe I should change it up and go swimming or try something else for a while? I've tried amping up the treadmill / eliptical resistance level but not much happens. I'll be reading ideas from others!