Question for Zumba Instructors

Options
So I would really like to do Zumba, but I dont have the funds to join a class or buy the DVDs right now and I had this Idea since we have all this technology now... Is there a Zumba Instructor willing to do Zumba over Skype?? I dont know really what I could offer for that.. and I need to lose over 100lbs.. Zumba is right up my alley for making workouts fun! Please let me know if there is anyone interested :o) I would appreciate it!

Replies

• cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out listings for classes offered in local churches. Many of them are free.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You can also go on U tube and type in ZUMBA......you will get a million zumba routines on there to follow along with. And that's free!
  • starcrossed
    Options
    I'm an instructor and am always looking at videos on you tube for new ideas. I don't have a ton of time at the moment myself to skype but check out GRDancefitness (you can google the name it and look up videos) - she has a ton of great routines for you to look up. Good luck!
  • jillstoner1977
    jillstoner1977 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Skype, but have you looked on YouTube? There are a lot of Zumba routines on there to do at home. You can pick the ones you like the best and that are best suited to your skill and intensity level. There are usually several routines for one song. Hope this helps
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I dunno if you have netflix, but they do have LOTS of dance workouts, yoga, and all sorts of stuff. Not sure that I have seen Zumba yet but they have salsa (which will be similar) and many others. Or check your local movie store they may have some to rent?? Good luck!!
  • audaciousred
    Options
    Hi - for the actual DVDs go on Craigslist.com in your area. People are always selling them on the cheap - sometimes $20 for a set!
  • KaoticGirl623
    Options
    Yep, I have looked on youtube... but I dont feel that I know zumba or exercising like that well enough to pick the right ones.. like how long should I spend on it and how long for a warm up and cool down... I extremely beginner in this...
  • ilissecrets
    Options
    There are great zumba workout videos in youtube to start!!
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have looked on youtube... but I dont feel that I know zumba or exercising like that well enough to pick the right ones.. like how long should I spend on it and how long for a warm up and cool down... I extremely beginner in this...

Here's a YouTube playlist to get you started:

10 routines by the same instructor - almost 40mins worth of Zumba! She's one of the easier ones to follow and the great thing about these routines is that you can keep repeating any one (or all) of them until you're a pro :)

Enjoy and have fun!
  • KaoticGirl623
    Options

Here's a YouTube playlist to get you started:

10 routines by the same instructor - almost 40mins worth of Zumba! She's one of the easier ones to follow and the great thing about these routines is that you can keep repeating any one (or all) of them until you're a pro :)

Enjoy and have fun!
    Thats Awesome!! Thank you!!