Mr. Stay Puft Challenge - easy and fun!!!

Options

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got my calories in today.
  • mispoohbie
    mispoohbie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The husband and I cleaned and scrubbed the pool down and closed it for the winter. Pretty tired and sore but burnt 994 calories today!
  • maryann2381
    Options
    I am in as well :):)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ok a couple of questions. HOW are we to earn our burned calories? We NATURALLY burn around 1000 calories daily, everything else burned is what is to be "earned" calories! I do not use any calories from my daily movement and I live/work a strenuous life!!
    Next: Do you use the calorie burn from your exercise machine or from a HR monitor??? Well IF I chose the machine I would have burned 122 MORE calories than my HR monitor. I have a commercial grade elliptical (Precor EFX) it said 356 calories in 30 minutes and my Polar F11 HRM showed 234 calories! I WILL choose my Polar HRM because machines I feel are NEVER accurate cuz they are genericly set up, most don't even have a male/female choice!!! I also walked after work and earned another 220 calories!! So my total was 454 for active exercise calories burned!!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Ok a couple of questions. HOW are we to earn our burned calories? We NATURALLY burn around 1000 calories daily, everything else burned is what is to be "earned" calories! I do not use any calories from my daily movement and I live/work a strenuous life!!
    Next: Do you use the calorie burn from your exercise machine or from a HR monitor??? Well IF I chose the machine I would have burned 122 MORE calories than my HR monitor. I have a commercial grade elliptical (Precor EFX) it said 356 calories in 30 minutes and my Polar F11 HRM showed 234 calories! I WILL choose my Polar HRM because machines I feel are NEVER accurate cuz they are genericly set up, most don't even have a male/female choice!!! I also walked after work and earned another 220 calories!! So my total was 454 for active exercise calories burned!!

I only log my intentionally burned calories. Anything that I wouldn't normally do during my day.
    Use whatever method you find to be the most accurate to figure your calories - I use MFP for most of my stuff.
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did the 30DS this morning, and then jogged on the treadmill for 35 min tonight for a total of 500 calories on the dot. The funny part about that is that I didn't even plan it lol.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

I only log my intentionally burned calories. Anything that I wouldn't normally do during my day.
    Use whatever method you find to be the most accurate to figure your calories - I use MFP for most of my stuff.

Me too. I'd 'count' the walk, but not things like cooking and cleaning... Mostly my burn comes from stuff I do when I put my gym clothes on!
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    So I guess I'm going for the 1500 this week....cuz I missed yesterday! hahaha:laugh:

Just burned 273 though...and more to come later!

And I too only count intentional burn. This is a CHALLENGE...so I'd encourage everyone to challenge themselves to do more!!! :flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    The only time I count cleaning is when it's deep cleaning like I've been doing every weekend for the past couple of weeks. When i say deep cleaning, I mean removing everything from the room, cleaning, painting, packing, tossing, and redecorating. I never count food prep and dishes, or things like that.

I'm going for the 1500 this week too, as yesterday was my off day. I plan to try and burn close to 1000 today. I'm looking forward to us defeating the marshmallow blob a lot faster than we did Jabba...he got on my nerves after a while.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am seeing some great numbers going up already!!! I also see that chaosdrone likes 69. :laugh:

Unfortunately, my body is acting wonky and Dr. did not clear me for exercise :sad: Hoping Thursday will bring better news.
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    *bump* for later

Considering I actually ate 200 calories in Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows for lunch, it is absolutely perfect timing for me to stumble across this thread. Will check back in this evening.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok today I had another great day. Plyometrics and 30DS for 447 calories burned. Woo hoo
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Crappy day - sorry! Only 119 cals recorded before I threw my HRM off and completed the final 10 mins of my weight training!! It was annoying and freaking out for some reason. Anyway, I wouldn't have clocked much more in the 10 mins, so 119 it is! At least I know the rest of the week I will def do more than 200.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I will be working for the 1500 every single week since I dont always work out every single day.
    But a nice 5 mile run with a walk because we were lost in the woods ... and I posted 1200 calories already! :)
  • vhuber
    Options
    I forgot my HRM today but I did a 3 miles speed walk AND I rearranged the living room so I KNOW I burned more than 200 calories but that is what I will use since I forgot the monitor!! Good job everybody!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I walked around Ikea today (they just opened the first one in Colorado this past summer) for 3 hours...on top of my jog/walk with the dog and yoga. Whew!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Question....is this Mon to Fri or Mon to Sun??

If it is Mon to Fri, then I had better get my butt on the treadmill tonight because my gym session was mainly a measure and weight time!! If it is the latter, then I am safe cos I will be on the tready tomorrow jogging!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Still trying to get rid of this bronchial cough but I did burn (wore my HRM this time) 409 cals running 3.5 miles! It usually is not that good of a burn (usually 100 cals per mile) but I think the asthmatic breathing must up the heart rate some!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, Jenny, I got you...no exercise all work week, but 2094 calories today. I'm feeling back to normal now, so let's get this blob melted! S'mores anyone????
  • vhuber
    Options
    I do not know what happened but I posted my cals this morning after my bike ride and I walked for 123 minutes tonite and burned 608 calories and when I went to post those cals on the stat page I am NOT on there. Could you tell me what happened??