Any ideas what to log Bodypump as?

Options
I have started doing regular Bodypump classes I currently dont have a HRM and would like a suggestion of how to log them on here.

I will be getting a Ki Fit (UK equivelent of the Bodybugg in a month but any suggestions for now?

Thanks

Lucy

Replies

• jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I looked it up online then logged it manually, picking a number at the low end of what I found for safety and because of my gender, height and weight (5'1" and around 110-115 pounds).

I log is as around 250 cals an hour I think, I'm not sure without checking.

The websites seem to suggest anywhere between 250 and 500 from what I remember.
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    I created my own exercise and logged it under cardio!

I burn between 275 - 400 calories in a body pump class. I wear an HRM and weigh 142lbs.

hope that helps!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor. Polar FT4 or FT7, under $100. It will tell you with certainty how much you're burning when you exercise! The BodyBug or BodyFit are good ideas too, but they carry a subscription to a website and they work on movement, not your heart rate, so I don't know if that's as accurate as measuring your heart rate!

- Mike
  • jfarmer1226
    jfarmer1226 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I burn about 200 calories an hour in bodypump. I am 5'0 tall and weigh 120lbs.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty heavy and my HRM has me burning around 450-500 cals at BodyPump, around the same for BodyCombat too. I know as I go down in weight this will probably change.