New to site, tons to lose with MS.. HELP!

Options
I'm new here and have found it impossible in the past to lose weight due to MS and all of the drugs I have taken and been on over the years. As soon as I lose weight my Dr's decide they want to change a medication that does not agree with my body and I blow up like a balloon.... I'm tired of it and that's why I'm here.. YIPPY!!

Replies

• dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will achieve your goals!!!
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    welcome from another MSer. yes, you can do this, it's just trickier. the pay off is, the lifestyle changes that make you thinner also make your MS symptoms ease up. so it's really, really worth it! feel free to friend me and we can talk drugs n stuff. (ain't it grand?)

my personal trainer also has MS, she's taught me a ton. I like to think I've taught her some stuff too. we're all a little blind in this game, gotta stick together.
  • azcharli
    Options
    Thanks.. I know I will with time and the right choices. Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Welcome. My wife has MS and is on the site too (Hootsmamma). It's been a lifesaver and she has had great success increasing her stamina and mobility since starting this new path. If you need support friend us. It really is a cool place and there are a lot of great folks on here. Good luck and take care!
  • azcharli
    Options
    Well hell... Lets all do this together.. the more the merrier!! Happy, happy, happy :):)
  • azcharli
    Options
    I'm new here and have found it impossible in the past to lose weight due to MS and all of the drugs I have taken and been on over the years. As soon as I lose weight my Dr's decide they want to change a medication that does not agree with my body and I blow up like a balloon.... I'm tired of it and that's why I'm here.. YIPPY!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE ! ! !
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I have MS as well. I gained alot of weight after the initial diagnosis 4 yrs ago....lost some before coming across this site. People here are very encouraging!! Good luck to you!
  • azcharli
    Options
    I am having fun making new wonderful friends on here. This has been one of the best weeks of my life.
    How weird does that sound? I just know for the first time in my life I'm going to follow through with something.
    I'm not saying I don't follow through with things I'm just saying when it comes to losing weight it was always easier to be fat or blame it on my MS but after many days of checking this site out and putting in some everyday calories to see what I was doing wrong, I had a HUGE eye opener. I was not eating alright but then at night I would lay in bed with a bag of candy or something stupid. I thought I wasn't hurting anything because I really do not like food but candy was my weakness so that's were I realized I was really, really wrong. So here I am...
    Lets start this together
  • jchughes66
    Options
    MS? Me, too...between drugs, pain, and difficulty w/ mobility, the 50 lbs I need to shed are one of the biggest challenges I've faced in my life...

It's nice to know there are others out there with the same struggles....Solidarity and encouragement!!!!
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Newly diagnosed. A little scared...glad I have gotten this far in my weight loss journey before finding out. Still logging and moving forward :)
    Would love to meet new people with it too! Feel free to friend me! :)