I'm back...and ready to work!!!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

Well after five months on a boat in Antarctica, I'm BACK and raring to get back into a regular healthy eating and exercise program!!

Just finished the toughest job of my life -- filming anti-whaling activists for a Discovery Channel/ Animal Planet show which will air in June. I was on a vegan ship for 90+ days, and the endless quantities of pasta, bread and potatoes definitely took its toll on me. I came home 15 pounds heavier, and undid all the hard work I had done with MFP prior to going. But let's just say that I'm happy to have made it home alive at all, so I definitely have some perspective about those extra lbs..!

My goals are to stay positive and just try and make the right decisions every day.

I've used this site before and it really helped me in 2008, so I'm hoping to finish what I started this year!!

- Wandering

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Well after five months on a boat in Antarctica, I'm BACK and raring to get back into a regular healthy eating and exercise program!!

Just finished the toughest job of my life -- filming anti-whaling activists for a Discovery Channel/ Animal Planet show which will air in June. I was on a vegan ship for 90+ days, and the endless quantities of pasta, bread and potatoes definitely took its toll on me. I came home 15 pounds heavier, and undid all the hard work I had done with MFP prior to going. But let's just say that I'm happy to have made it home alive at all, so I definitely have some perspective about those extra lbs..!

My goals are to stay positive and just try and make the right decisions every day.

I've used this site before and it really helped me in 2008, so I'm hoping to finish what I started this year!!

- Wandering
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back. :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Wandering!!! WELCOME BACK!!!

You will get that weight off, no trouble. Glad to see you back!
    I'm doing Jillian Michael's "Making the Cut" if you want to join me - starting Monday...
    :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I became addicted to your show. . .and that looked really dangerous. Glad your back safe and sound (sorry that's there's a bit more of you. . .)

The SBF challenge is still up and running, and we'd love to have you back.:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Welcome back!

I became addicted to your show. . .and that looked really dangerous. Glad your back safe and sound (sorry that's there's a bit more of you. . .)

The SBF challenge is still up and running, and we'd love to have you back.:flowerforyou:

I'm so glad SBF is still up and running! I'm in!!!!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Welcome back!

Oh by the way...WAIT until you see this season. We got trapped in the ice, caught in two huge storms, collided with whaling ships, rammed a harpoon ship, got two holes in our hull, almost abandoned ship, only to make it back to Tasmania...where the Federal Police confiscated all my tapes. Crazy doesn't even begin to describe it!! I'm happy to be alive, happy to be home...happy to be back to MFP! Life is SO good.

Hope all is well with you!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome back!

Let me know if I can help you get back on track.

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Welcome back. :flowerforyou:

Can't wait to get to know you!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Good to have you back WL!

I heard on the news when the Sea Sheppard ship was accused of ramming the Japanese whaler. I knew it was you and was worried about you.

Even us crazy veggies can get overweight, though I'm surprised you gained. See you on the boards.

Mary
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, WL!!! I heard a couple of things on the news, too, and was worried about you. I'm so glad that you made it back all in one piece. Did you get your tapes back??

I bet you are looking forward to some fresh veggies, right? :laugh: It's good to have you back.

- CP
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Yep, that was us that did the ramming. Very dangerous and quite stupid. I think our captain is going to end up in jail (my tapes are now evidence in the Japanese whalers' case), and I wouldn't shed many tears. He had little regard for our lives (the camera crew) and got caught up in the adrenaline-testosterone combo. Seeing them kill the whales in front of us was pretty horrific though, so a small part of me understands why he did what he did.

In any case, YES, I am toasting you all with my broccoli right now! Can't get enough fresh veggies and fresh fruit...not to mention trees, beach, family, cream in my coffee, sex, martinis, internet, and freedom!! All the good things in life that I've been missing. Wow, guess people who don't know me will think I just got released from prison...lol.

It's great to be back and TAM, yes, I might take you up on it. I'm pretty motivated right now and can tell already that just being home and getting exercise for these two weeks since I've been home is making a difference.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!:flowerforyou:
    I cannot wait to see this season!:bigsmile:
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    :noway:

Wow! What an incredible job!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member