iron

NicholaMeaney
NicholaMeaney Posts: 5
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
I've noticed my iron intake is lower than it ought to be thanks to mfp. I though ate a well balanced diet but I need a lot more iron. Has anyone got any suggestions what I can eat to up my intake. I eat beef, broccoli and peas regularly so what else should I have. I'm in the UK so UK foods would be best suggestions. Thanks.

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    How about just an iron supplement? I take one 2x daily (its in my multi) and I've gotten bloodwork 2x this year, since losing all my weight, and my iron numbers are great.

Other than that - heavy on the protein/beef products and they usually contain quite a bit of iron.
  • Chicken has lots of iron, especially the dark meat. Grilled is the healthiest option, of course! ^_~
  • More spinach and kale. They're both really easy to incorporate into a diet - either mixed in salad or in omelets, or creamed spinach, or in stir fries. Swiss chard, dried apricots, sun dried tomatoes, and dried coconut are all up there in iron too.
  • jeetiesweetie
    jeetiesweetie Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same issue. I see that I BARELY am eating any iron. I will have to just put spinach in everything.
This discussion has been closed.