Exercise Equipment

Options
What would anyone recommend if I was to invest in a piece of exercise equipment to have at home. I have space in my garage. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Replies

• Jennis0212
    Jennis0212 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    well I like the Elliptical myself but what i would recommend if i didnt have it already would be the wii. thats what i used before i joined a gym and it did work and i played with my kids. they have dancing games, karate and the sports and if you stick with anything i think it will work. I still enjoy playing, the only reason i chose the gym was because the kids have dance class there and i get a discounted price because they go. i like the golds gym workouts and a game called exerbeat.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and a bowflex weight machine and love both. I would go to a gym so you can try different machines and see what you like. If you buy something you hate using, you won't get your money's worth out of it. I also have a wii fit and never use it.
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    I have a treadmill and a bowflex weight machine and love both. I would go to a gym so you can try different machines and see what you like. If you buy something you hate using, you won't get your money's worth out of it. I also have a wii fit and never use it.

I have the exact same thing ^^.. The boflex is awesome!

I also have free weights and an elliptical.
  • dirtydirtydiana
    Options
    You might also wanna check out the Xbox Kinect; they have awesome games you and your kids can share (that are also workouts!) and they have proper, "serious" workout CDs as well. Or get a treadmill. But I highly recommend also investing in a heart rate monitor (the Polar ones are popular and I like using them) to go with whatever equipment you choose to get. It's a great workout motivator, seeing how many calories you burn and whether or not you're working out at the proper intensity.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    At home I just have some dumbbells, an exercise ball and some resistance bands. I do have some DVD's that I like. My biggest "at-home" investment was a good HRM. This is why I like belonging to a fitnesss center. I can try different things without having to invest in the machines. We do have a treadmill too, but it's about 8 years old and frankly, I just don't like to use it.

I should add that I follow bodyrock.tv workouts and if I could have any equipment I wanted, I would get the ultimate sandbag, dip station and fit ball. :smile: But mostly, I'd want the sandbag!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Any Beachbody program and pull up bar ;) I love the Bowflex! But had much better results using just dumbbells and P90X.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    gymboss timer & do www.bodyrock.tv, it will kick your *kitten*
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    gymboss timer & do www.bodyrock.tv, it will kick your *kitten*

Oh, ya, forgot about my gymboss. I use it everyday, even with non-bodyrock workouts. It is awesome!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have a recumbent bike and I love it.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pull up bar without a doubt.

After that, adjustable dumbbells.

Then after that, maybe a HRM. And a GOOD stationary bike.