How many days/ how long do you workout??

Options
I started going to the gym I've been doing 3/4 days a week 2 he's a day. I have a 7 month old n they only do baby sitting 2 hr's a day. I was told cardio every day n weights/ strength training every other day. I do at least 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the amt machine. I. Lao like the rowing machine to try my hardest to use that I'm up to about 18 minutes now. Is there any other machine I should use? I also used pretty much all the weight machine ....

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    4 days a week.
    about 1 hour per session
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, at least an hour to two hours a day (split between morning & evening).

I get the most out of the group exercise classes, look into those!

Also, I put the kiddo in for 70 minutes in the morning and then I go again in the evening (depending on the class) or I do a cardio DVD at home. Then I usually go to a class on Saturday or I go for a jog.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    6 days a week for at least a half hour.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    About 1 hour, 6 days a week.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    3 days a week, 60 mins.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hard core, 5 days a week. The other 2 days put that kid in a stroller and hike up a hill for an hour. I think a person should exercise every day. Just sayin......that's just me
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm working out too much but I love to eat and its like a game. I work out with weights 4 times a week, that is a body part a day like chest and shoulders one day, legs another, back and rear delts, and then arms another. I'm doing 45 minutes to an hour of cardio every day so that I get more calories. I just bought a HRM so that I can get cardio credit while strength training too. I've gone nuts with MFP.....but my kids are grown.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    6 days per week (schedule permitting)

Sa, Tue, Thur are cardio only days
    Mo, Wed, Fri are weight only days
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    5/6 days a week , 1 or 2 hrs. Strenght training 2x's a week whenever I can get to the gym.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 per week, 1.5 to 2 hours per session, long rest times, very high volume. Not likely doing this volume long term as it's quite a bit right now, but I'm responding well to it so far. EDIT: Weights only, no cardio as of now.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I workout 4 days then a rest day then workout for 4 and so on. I workout for an hour to 2 hours.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. 3x strength and 3x cardio. Usually alternate every other day.
  • justme84x
    Options
    usually atleast 5 days about 1 1/2 hours. On days I'm really tired I'll do a dvd at home...about 50 minutes.
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    everyday, usually 60 to 90 minutes. Stationary bike, walking, bike outside, elliptical, wii, and 30DS is on my list right now.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Try to go hardcore for 2 days and then do a light lift day. Then try for 2 more of light plyos.

Mostly because I want to EAT! Trying to stay under the calorie count w/o adding exercise is painfull
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    3 days a week 1.5 to 2 hrs at the gym and 2 days a week Active 2 and Kettle Bells 40 min or just 2 or 3 hrs of walking and casting 2 days a week. A total of 5 days a week being active.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 days a week...during the week I usually only have 30-45 minutes for a workout. When I am off on Fridays I work out for a couple hours...same on Saturdays when I don't have things going on.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    4 days a week 1-2 hours
    2-3 days a week 20mins - 1 hour
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I workout twice a day, six days a week....Morning is weight liftings for 45 Minutes and evening when I come from work I jog between 1 hr to 1 hr and half....Sunday is my rest day....:smile:
  • brunnemeyer
    brunnemeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday 45 mins of intense cardio and weights whenever I feel like it. Weekends are my two days off to rest.