advice?

Options
hello

I gave up on MFP about 6 months ago after trying it for a good while but i felt restricted and I was also eating my cals exercises back etc and my weight barely budged.

does anyone have advice? whether it be to simply up my cals.... any advice is needed

x

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    My advice would be for you to figure out what went wrong last time, so you can hopefully adjust it this time.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say unless we know what your stats are,
    Height/weight and the calories they allowed you? I can't tell you if their calorie suggestion is unreasonable if I don't know what it is!
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    sorry

my weight is 204, height 5ft 5in

cals were 1200

x
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my starting weight was 218. I too have a 1200 calorie limit. I do not eat my exercise calories unless I'm hungry. I try to find healthier recipes for the meals I normally cook. I also looked for healthier snack that were more filling. I also make sure to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. Sometimes you are thirsty but your mind/stomach says your hungry. My advice would be to start logging everthing again and exercise regularly. Don't give up. You can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That is low, but not unreasonable. By working out, you essentially "earn" more calories that you are allowed to eat. It is hard completely readjusting at first, but changing your lifestyle is never easy! Try to stick to it- If you put your mind to it I have full faith that you can accomplish your goals. Feel free to add me and message me when you need support or advice!
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did you ever try uping your calories?
  • revriggle
    Options
    I would say you need more calories. 1200 seems low, and with the addition of exercise your going into a huge caloric deficit. I found that for myself (I can't speak for others) that eating way less and exercising doesn't result in positive weight loss results. After much research online as well as asking others I found what works for me. Another thing is to pay attention to where those 1200 calories are coming from. Focus on whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    thanks for all your helpful replies

my only concern about not eating them is that i am rejoining the gym tomorrow and i have purchased the wii zumba and just dance

i do however have a heart rate monitor - i think i will try with half the exercise cals

i really want to do this - i must add that when i was doing this before i was eating pretty well.... so i will continue on that path - although i must say i am not an angel lol
    x
  • revriggle
    Options

i really want to do this - i must add that when i was doing this before i was eating pretty well.... so i will continue on that path - although i must say i am not an angel lol
    x

At least you made the decision do something and thats way awesome. Good luck :)
  • lvllt
    lvllt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello you :) up the exercise definately and make sure you are eating enough???