On these boards I have become somewhat familiar with:

Turbo Jam
Turbo Fire
30 Day Shred
Ripped in 30
Insanity (comes more than one way)
Power 90
P90x

I have also picked up from goodwill some pilates (with the mini ball), billy bootcamp, and other unknown stuff.

Which ones are the most intense to bring an obese person to an overweight or normal level of fat? I would love to get muscle but I want the most bang for my buck in shedding pounds of fat.

Gracias =)

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Oh yeah another one 30 day shred there are so many :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    INSANITY! But if you want something more fun, do TurboFire, it's also pretty intense.

ETA: Exercise is extremely important, but regardless of how much you exercise, you have to watch watch watch what you eat or that exercise isn't going to pay off.
  • catlady100
    Options
    if you're just starting out I would say to get something easy and work your way up to the beachbody dvds that u mentioned.

for example: walk away the pounds plus maybe 30 day shred if budget is an issue
  • JohannaEHoran
    Options
    30 Day Shred is amazing! Only 20 mins of your time a day but you really feel it!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I figure I will do both of those to work up a bit and then progress to insanity. I see there are a couple of insanity's on the web - is this the right one?

http://www.amazon.com/INSANITY-60-Day-Conditioning-Workout-Program/dp/B002QZ1RS6

• catlady100
    Options
    I don't have Insanity. But bump for you.

If you're going the beachbody route I've also heard good things about turbojam and the other turbo dvd (which i can't remember right now..lol)

Maybe that could be another step before Insanity?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Turbo Jam and Power 90 to start with. Both have lower impact cardio options.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    any Jillian Micheal and I have Turbo-fire, will keep you working hard. it has stretching/ab/upper/lower/cardio/HITT/yoga routines, deff worth the money. comes w/ resistance bands as well