P90x- Anyone looking to start?

Options

Replies

• emh15022
    emh15022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just completed Chest and Back, Day 1 of P90x!!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just completed Chest and Back, Day 1 of P90x!!

Awesome job! Only 89 more days to go! And they fly trust me.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Legs and back and ABX!! I just realized that next week is recovery week!! Looking forward to it! Hope you are all bringing it!!
  • rgarcia676
    Options
    i just started p90x...today will be day 2 for me......we can rock this together!!! i'm looking for somethign to burn theses unwanted love handles away for good!!!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    i just started p90x...today will be day 2 for me......we can rock this together!!! i'm looking for somethign to burn theses unwanted love handles away for good!!!

Great job!!!
  • emh15022
    Options
    Legs and back and ABX!! I just realized that next week is recovery week!! Looking forward to it! Hope you are all bringing it!!

Good Job!!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 done! Late but done!!! I am proud. How is everyone else getting along. I am finding the need for more bands and a HRM. I just wish it wasnt all so expensive. I will be hitting Ross tomorrow, wish me luck.
  • emh15022
    Options
    Day 2, of Week one done! Hope everyone is having a good week so far.
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 done! Late but done!!! I am proud. How is everyone else getting along. I am finding the need for more bands and a HRM. I just wish it wasnt all so expensive. I will be hitting Ross tomorrow, wish me luck.

I dont use the bands usually but I found that during round 1 of p90x I increased my weights from 8 lbs up to 12 pounds and with this second round I increased again up to 15 pounds and probably could use 20 pounds! I definately consider this progress!! I wish I had bought the weights that are adjustable so I didnt have so many dumbells hanging around. I already had a HRM for running and I was surprised at how little I burned! Even with Kenpo I only burned about 250 calories! Thats why I now run in lieu of doing kenpo and plyo.

Today I did 4 miles on the treadmil and tomorrow is my day off! Then recovery week 4 starts on Friday!!
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Today was day 3 of week one for me, shoulders and arms + ab ripper x. I am sore from head to toe. This is going to be a great 90 days! I have read a lot of differing opinions on yoga x, but I am going to give it a shot tomorrow.
  • emh15022
    Options
    Day 3- Shoulders and Arms done!! Sooo sore!! Yoga tomorrow!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    week 4 day 1, core synergystics. So much for rest week lol!!
  • emh15022
    Options
    Day 5 today!! Yoga yesterday was hard! I feel like since I don't know the poses already for yoga, it was a bit complicated!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    the yoga is no joke! it is tough but I love it. I am supposed to do it tomorrow but I will do kenpo tomorrow and yoga sunday just due to time constraints. Thats the only problem with the yoga is its so long! great work!
  • emh15022
    Options
    It has been a good first week of p90x so far! I have Kempo today and tomorrow is the X stretch! Looking foward to starting the second week!
  • pollyrana
    Options
    I am doing second day lean program today. Too late to join? So sore today after only 40 min core!!!
  • emh15022
    Options
    I am doing second day lean program today. Too late to join? So sore today after only 40 min core!!!

Thanks for joining us!! Good luck!! :)
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    yoga x today!! SO glad I did it. Mind and body are feeling much better!! tomorrow is supposed to be kenpo, halfway through recovery week! I may run instead of doing the kenpo because I will get a better burn and I am having friends over for dinner tomorrow and there is sure to be some "cheating"!!
    I actually noticed some definate improvement with my yoga moves!!!
    Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • pollyrana
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. What do you all enter for p90x for calories? I just finished arms and shoulders and abs and my HRM showed that I burned only 150 calories!!!! I wasn't out of breath and sweaty like cardiox and core etc just muscle pain and all that. I know when you do strength training you burn fat and calories after the workout too but it is painful to work so hard and only enter 150 calories! I entered 200 just cause.... I guess it should be enough just to know that there are benefits but what do you all think?
  • pollyrana
    Options
    la_nanita. Just to let you know. I have all of the bands and weights and find myself using the weights anyway. There is more flexibility and less trouble in my opinion. I'm not sure what everyone else thinks about that but I noticed that the people in the dvd's mostly use weights. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I''m left thinking "why did I waste my money on the bands?"