Cold front coming in

Options
GeauxDonielle
GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
i live in Louisiana and temps of 80-90 humid feel so normal to me. 65 is cold and temp will be dropping to 40s tonight. I hurt so bad when it gets cold- any advice on how to make my body more tolerable to the cold?
I do wear warmer clothes but didn't know if a way to make body more tolerable to that cold. Only by exposure?
I usually walk/jog at night with my dog; once kids are asleep. Im not doing ice baths! Screw that lol. Usually when cold (my freezing-60and below)all I can do is go to coffee pot and back to blankets-

Replies

• MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    when the winter comes sleep naked in the snow, the next year after that you won't be worried about 65 degrees
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    I live in Steamboat Springs, CO where we have 9 months of snow. I wear a lot of SmartWool clothing (made from Merino wool). And, drink lots of hot tea. I embrace the winter. I love to exercise when the temp drops and believe it or not, you burn more calories exercising in the cold because your body has to work harder to regulate its temp.

I say, change your way of thinking! Welcome in the winter months and a chance to challenge yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Bryn
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When my bones feel cold I take a hot bath or shower to warm myself up... Or you could just move to California, it's still in the 70's/80's here! lol
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Do you wear Arm warmers, Hat, Capris, gloves.
    Those help me wife when we go out for a run and it is 40 or lower.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas, so we're getting the same drop in temps starting tomorrow. I broke my arm a few years ago, and cold weather makes it ache, so I understand what you're saying. I try to just keep warm inside and out. Drink hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Keep your feet and head warm for sure.
  • GeauxDonielle
    Options
    Y'all are great- love the advice- I may skip the naked in snow-sounds fun though if snow wasn't cold(snow's beautiful) LOL I will take it as challenge and "embrace" it as such- I do layer. I believe cold does burn more calories cause my body doesn't stop shaking- :D
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Mississippi here, and it's already startin' to get chilly right now... Also looks like a storm is about to pop up in my area.
  • GeauxDonielle
    Options
    I'm in Texas, so we're getting the same drop in temps starting tomorrow. I broke my arm a few years ago, and cold weather makes it ache, so I understand what you're saying. I try to just keep warm inside and out. Drink hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Keep your feet and head warm for sure.

I Always forget about the feet! I have two screws in pelvic bone and had some broken ribs about 4-5yrs ago
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the fact that you think 60-65 is cold! Of course I was born and raised in Missouri so to me that's nice weather.
  • GeauxDonielle
    Options
    I can't get past the fact that you think 60-65 is cold! Of course I was born and raised in Missouri so to me that's nice weather.

I bring a sleeve most places I go to. We went to puerto vallarta Mexico in beginning of June and in the evenings out of pool or ocean I would get so chilly-Indoor restaurants always have a sleeve- I think my iron is ok though. I'll toughen up one day in that department(I hope)
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    27 here tonight, brisk.