OMG - BMI OF 31.3 :(

Options
So, I knew that I needed to make a change in my life.. which is why I joined MFP.
But it REALLY hit me just now. I just did a BMI calculation - and I have a body mass index of 31.3!! That's considered obese.
Then I calculated the BMI of my weight goal, 148lbs, which is 24.6.
Omg, I really need to do something. My butt needs to be on that elliptical TOMORROW.
I'm just really afraid of spiraling backwards like I did in the summertime. I was just in a size 12 dress in April.
Paranoia :/

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just try to take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    take a breather. you can do this. et some god motivation friends. and you can do this.
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Def. one day at a time, and if you hit a bump learn from it and move on. You'll do GREAT!!
  • Ad_874
    Ad_874 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've gone back and forth up and down and even though your goal may seem hard to reach others have done it and you can too. Remember to believe in yourself and don't give up.
  • ccaaooii
    ccaaooii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i found out i was 33 bmi!!and im only 18 i didnt think i was that over weight so obv got the shock of my life it has been a big slap in the face to be honest !!! so i know exactly how u feel :(
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :drinker: one day at a time stick to it and you will reach your goals. remember rome wasn't built in a day and neither will your goal body be just remember your goals and keep your head up and think positive
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    It is easy to let weight go up. Not as easy to have it go down.

Make the changes you can, day by day. I'd suggest just working on a couple things at a time, like log all your food and replace soda pop with something better.

Trying to change everything in your life at once can become overwhelming.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Mine was also 31 at the beginning of the year, I dont know what it is now. Just start walking and doing whatever you can at first. Important thing is to get your butt moving regularly throughout the week. a day with only 30 minutes of walking is better than a day with nothing at all.
  • yummyteece
    Options
    Remember that even two steps forward, one step back = one step in the right direction. Keep at it, slow and steady and you can do this!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why wait until tomorrow? Carpe Diem!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!! :flowerforyou: this site is AMAZING!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Well now you know...and now you have the tools to change it....you can do this!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. You guys are my inspiration!
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, you got this!!