• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am saving to favs for future bumping!

:flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent post. Are you a doctor or nutritionist??

PhD (Dr. :wink: ) in Nutrition SDS (Some Day Soon) :wink:

Thanks, SBS for the info. I kinda know already where I'm situated, but I liked the ratios-info. I guess I need to be more carefull there...
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    SBS, thanks for this info...this is great! Can you address the topic of how many minimum calories a morbidly obese person can safely eat per day without doing any damage to her metabolism or body? I of course realize that everyone is different, but is there a general guideline?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you song! :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    SBS, thanks for this info...this is great! Can you address the topic of how many minimum calories a morbidly obese person can safely eat per day without doing any damage to her metabolism or body? I of course realize that everyone is different, but is there a general guideline?

I wish I could answer that, but I'm nowhere near that specialized. In general, though, morbid obesity is treated with a very large deficit because the risk to the person's health is so great that it's better to drop the weight as quickly as possible and worry about repairing the BMR and muscle mass later on. They will go on VLCD's or sometimes liquid diets of less than 800 calories per day, under a doc's supervision of course.
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great info SBS, thanks for the post,:flowerforyou:
    Good luck with school and your competition:bigsmile:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    what I'm not doing it right...................that's what I hear all the time :laugh: :laugh:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    bumping to read when i get the little kids to bed
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    what I'm not doing it right...................that's what I hear all the time :laugh: :laugh:

LOL well lucky for you this just pertains to fat loss, and it looks like you've got it down. :laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

LOL well lucky for you this just pertains to fat loss, and it looks like you've got it down. :laugh:
    who lost some fat? do you want me to look for it?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

who lost some fat? do you want me to look for it?

:noway: Nuh uh! I don't want mine back!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :glasses:
  • claire012
    claire012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great info! Just the type of info I need as I'm gaining right now instead of losing! Thanks Songbyrdsweet! :flowerforyou: Good luck!

170305.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love this post from SBS..........thought I would bump it after reading it, yet again:flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Definitely something to BUMP right now! This should answer a lot of questions for the newbies!