2nd week slump?

Options
Hi friends, I'm just gearing up for my second week here on the site as well as my gym program... and feel like I'm losing steam. Hard day at work, tired, feeling sick... same old excuses and afraid of falling into the same old pattern. Need some motivation to get to the gym tonight!!

Replies

• austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have moments like these and once I push myself to workout I come home feeling amazing! Push through it and stay strong you can do it!!!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Picture yourself finishing your workout and think of how AWESOME it will feel!! Just take one step at a time... first put on your workout gear, then head to the gym. Once you're there, you might as well work out, right?! You can do it. When you're finished you will feel so accomplished!!
  • aguirre04
    Options
    find a buddy. i go even when im beat because my friend is on my *kitten* if i say "im not sure." I work 10 hrs each day and still go to the gym for a hour a day at least. but if it werent for my "buddy" i wouldnt go half as much
  • Archive972
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. But just stay focused. I mess up all the time, and drop off the gym radar for months at a time. Just get back up and do it. Good Luck!
  • bstreich
    Options
    I am also on week 2, i am very motivated because i am seeing results already. I have really been pushing the excercise, tonight it killed me, but I feel fantastic afterwards. You can do this! tell us how we can help you succeed, dont give up now, your journey has only begun!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Push through it! Working out actually HELPS me feel better!
  • ShawnRees
    Options
    At moments like these, change it up! So, you don't go workout... no biggie.... go for a walk, a brisk paced mall walk. Clear your head, think about your goals and enjoy some private time or invite a friend if you'd prefer.

Remember, at the end of the day it's about you and you deserve to feel good!
  • haepifeet
    haepifeet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot knowing there are people out there! I DID go the the gym, and I'm super proud of myself. It took every ounce of my being, but once I got there it was fine. Why is that I wonder? I walked briskly on the treadmill for 30 minutes and worked out with my Biggest Winner team for another 30 minutes! Thank you all again!!
  • haepifeet
    haepifeet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot knowing there are people out there! I DID go the the gym, and I'm super proud of myself. It took every ounce of my being, but once I got there it was fine. Why is that I wonder? I walked briskly on the treadmill for 30 minutes and worked out with my Biggest Winner team for another 30 minutes! Thank you all again!!
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad you had your team workout...that usually gets me there when I otherwise wouldn't go. It's helpful that there are more than one team workout a week this time through-it makes me go more :) Also, what day is our team weighing in? Mark decided to do it on Mondays to keep us more accountable on the weekends. That makes sense since the last time I would cheat on the weekends and spend the week catching up so I would have a good weighin on Friday! My point, though, is it was a real pick me up yesterday to see the official progress on their scale. The other thing that can happen is when first starting, all the changes in diet and workouts can be a bit to for the body to get used to. I usually make the mistake of going too low on my calories, cut out ALL fat (even the good ones) and work out like a maniac. This time I have totally adjusted how I'm going about this and feel great! I've learned a lot about this site and am fueling my body to get things done :) I'm eating more, but really clean which has helped to cut the cravings. Good luck :)