OMG I'M DOING A SPEECH HALP

Options
This is terrible, I'm trembling in nervousness already! D:

Replies

• JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    You have lost 10 pounds you can do anything!! Just take a deep breath. Pick a spot on the wall opposite of where you are speak and look at that to begin with. After a couple sentences start looking at the audience.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the audience members are even more nervous, being in their underwear and all :)

Remember to breathe, go at your own pace and you'll do great!!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    You'll do great, instead of thinking about how nervous you are, or the things your unsure about tell yourself you can do it and remind yourself that you are prepared. I have to speak in public all the time for work, and just having confidence in my self makes all the difference. Its about your attitude. You'll do great!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS open with a joke!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Memorize it starting from the end. It sounds weird but it's a positive reinforcement trick. So you know the end better than the middle and the beginning. So you start and it gets easier and easier as you go. You do one sentence and you know the next one even better so it's like a reward. Strange but it works. Usually we memorize something from the beginning and it gets harder and harder as we go and makes the whole thing an unpleasant experience.
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did great!