**CLOSED** New Year, New You Week 2 Mini-Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Went to the Folk Festival and walked around for 4 miles of great music and sunshine!!!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Between the wind and rain here it may be Saturday before I can get out and "enjoy" the weather. But with winter coming on, I think I will make sure to get out there any chance I get!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Taking the kids to walk the nature trail this afternoon.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be a beautiful afternoon. I will get out there and get in a 25 minute walk/run. I'm determined to run 1/4 mile without stopping again. Hey, that's good for me. I'm just starting the running thing. Wish me luck!:bigsmile:
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Will be moving soon. I'll enjoy one last walk/jog around the lake here. Goodbye beautiful lake view........
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did my outdoor miles last night. Got two miles in but since I took my ten year old- it took nearly an hour. Thinking of bribing him to challenge him to speed it up a bit. LOL!
  • jodiratliff
    Options
    Hey Gang,

I tried to go through and friend request all you New You, New Year folks but it will only let you friend request 5 people in 10 min. So if you thought it would be great to be friends with the folk that are commited to this challenge like me please friend request me! Good Luck!
  • mrshoffman07
    Options
    Will be spending the weekend outside with the family
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    got off work early today and took my daughter to the park and a short walk. It was such a beautiful day here in South Texas - I really hope the heat is gone for now! It was extremely windy though, felt like I had to work harder to push the stroller!!:laugh:
  • MrsSpratt
    Options
    I took the kids to the nature center and walked the trail, as promised. It was the most annoying mile of my life. lol My son kept going in all different directions and it took forever. But it was lovely to be out in the sunshine.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Isn't Mother Nature beautiful in all her glory this time of year? I do all of my walking outside but it's in the city...not a whole lot of Mother Nature and I've seen more of some people's glory than I'd like to!

We are doing a walk for pediatric cancer research in Philadelphia in November and they are having a rally this weekend to get everyone psyched up and to walk the 5k trail. I'm going to take the kids there. We did it last year so we already know the trail but it'll be nice to see Fairmount Park...it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm planning on taking some great pictures of my babies together while we're there.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    managed to get in 2 1/2 miles on the recumbent bike today at the gym... ankle is swollen and that is not to much pressure on it... was not to bad actually then riding my bike home another mile... so 3 in total. (1/2 mile there 1/2 mile home)
    Riding is easier than walking right now lol... so will do what I can
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I hope everyone is getting a chance to get outside and enjoy Mother Nature in all her glory. There has been lots of rain in different parts of the country this week so that makes it tough.

I have managed to do my lunch walk every day this week which is kind of exciting for me. Last week I missed a couple of days. I even did a longer walk on Wednesday to get hubby's birthday present.. Will be taking the children to Fairmount Park this weekend for the Lemon Run Rally. Will be doing lots of walking while I'm there! I can't wait!!!
  • srandle175
    Options
    I will be doing a lot of walking this weekend. I am taking the kiddos to a pumpkin patch and corn maze if it does not rain to bad.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I will be doing a lot of walking this weekend. I am taking the kiddos to a pumpkin patch and corn maze if it does not rain to bad.

That'll be so much fun! I want to get out and do something this weekend...maybe a park is in order???
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I am so bummed...I am not going to be able to go to my 5k rally today. My husband has been helping my sister buy a car for the past couple of days. She lives in VA and we're in DE. Well, he tells me yesterday that he told my sister to come up around noon and that I will take her to the dealership so she can pick up her new Acura. I'm very excited for her...I really am. Hubby will be at work so he can't take care of this. I have told him all week about the rally. Anyways, I was disappointed and he goes...well she's coming up in the morning because I told them she'd be there around noon. Last night as we're laying in bed he finally asked...oh...when is the rally you wanted to go to? Tomorrow from 10 to 1 in Philly. Oh. I'm sorry.

Thanks! Sorry doesn't change anything. I love him I really do, but as hard as I'm working to lose weight...I wish he'd think of me sometimes instead of getting wrapped up in work!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Was able to get a couple lunch walks in this week. And I just finished a nice bike ride through a local wooded park while the kids were sleeping. But the best workout I had this week was at the birthday party this morning at the bouncy house. Nothing like jumping around and lugging a couple kids up a bouncy house "rock" wall so that they can go sliding down the slide for an hour! Tons of fun. One great "play out".
  • MrsSpratt
    Options
    I am so bummed...I am not going to be able to go to my 5k rally today. My husband has been helping my sister buy a car for the past couple of days. She lives in VA and we're in DE. Well, he tells me yesterday that he told my sister to come up around noon and that I will take her to the dealership so she can pick up her new Acura. I'm very excited for her...I really am. Hubby will be at work so he can't take care of this. I have told him all week about the rally. Anyways, I was disappointed and he goes...well she's coming up in the morning because I told them she'd be there around noon. Last night as we're laying in bed he finally asked...oh...when is the rally you wanted to go to? Tomorrow from 10 to 1 in Philly. Oh. I'm sorry.

Thanks! Sorry doesn't change anything. I love him I really do, but as hard as I'm working to lose weight...I wish he'd think of me sometimes instead of getting wrapped up in work!
    This is really disappointing! I'm sorry.
  • srandle175
    Options
    The pumpkin patch and petting farm was a success. We did not make it to the corn maze but the kiddos still had a good time. Note to self next year leave the stroller in the car. I know I burned a lot of calories pushing that scroller in rocks and mud!!!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    got in 4 miles today on the recumbent bike at the Gym WOOHOO! :D