My new favorite thing.....

Options
.....reading a book while on the treadmill. I used to think people were crazy, I couldn't figure out how people do it, but I'm reading good book and I didn't feel like working out, so I combined the two. The half hour absolutely flew by and I think I even moved faster than normal because I wasn't bored.

Now I've just got to figure out how to prop it on my bike (a bike on a indoor trainer, not an actual stationary bike).

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I always read magazines on the elliptical and exercise bikes - feel like it hides from myself just how hard I'm working - but I've never been able to do it on a treadmill and don't think I'm really absorbing what I'm reading anyway.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Do it ALL the time! :)
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im always afraid I'll fall lol
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I know!! Isn't it amazing how time flies! I read while on the elliptical...so much better!
  • Schoenrock3
    Schoenrock3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the coordination for that - I'd be one of those poor people who fall off the treadmill. Come to think of it, I'd better not chew gum on a treadmill either. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Or audio books are fun.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's how I used to do an hour on the elliptical. No one reads at my current gym though and I'd feel like a dork!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's the only time I wish I had a kindle- would be SO much easier than maneuvering the physical pages.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I read books on my iPad on the elliptical, it's wonderful.......vampires make the time fly!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It's the only time I wish I had a kindle- would be SO much easier than maneuvering the physical pages.

I've been trying to hold off the urge to get one, but they've dropped in price so much I've been thinking about it more and more. Reading while working out is just one more reason to get one!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I watch HGTV :bigsmile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I was a little afraid of this....which is why I tried it at home first. Likely won't be attempting at the gym until I am sure I have my balance down, lol.
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I watch HGTV as well....totally addicted to Marriage Under Construction. Haven't tried reading while on the elliptical, but I always did when I used the bike at the gym.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Got my treadmill today and have it sitting in the garage. I doubt hubby will share the bedroom tv with me in there. I just had my iPod. Was going so fast, I don't think I could have read anything...too much sweat running into my eyes. But I gotta go download some more music. Two songs isn't cutting it.
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

ME TOO!! LOL