Surprise surprise.. new person here!

Options
hello fellow fitness pals! I'm Liz.! 30 yrs old from Pennsylvaina.. lover of baking, thrift stores, dance parties, and makeup!! Not new to the whole eating healthy/exercising world.. I lost 44 lbs in a year, on a weight loss program that I give a lot of credit to .. and i have noticed some others have on here as well. Weight Watchers. I loved the old program.. and i could not just get a grasp on the new program. With that being said. I learned a ton of great things, and have gained a lot from that program but I'm looking for something a little more cost effective and smart phone friendly that I don't have to pay for.. some people say, if you spend the money on it, it will motivate you to keep at it, that was my thought in the beginning but after a year.. sooo not the case. I have gained 14 lbs from that 44 that i lost. :( boo.

With that being said. Here I am.. trying to make a change for the better, again, I think this time around somethings gotta stick! and I think this website is going to be awesome from what I can tell in the past few days of using it!

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    hello Liz :-) firstly, congrats on the 140 lb loss in a YEAR?? thats a HUGE achievement !! I am sure you can do it again...please feel free to add me if you need help with motivation :-)
  • liz_lemons
    liz_lemons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hhaha noo i did not lose 144 lbs in year. that would be insane. I lost 44. but gained 14 lbs of it back. :(
    but thanks for the support.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome. My wife used weightwatchers (and still does) to lose 54 pounds. She swears by it. I used nutri-system but to me the food was not that good. This site seems much better to me. I am only two weeks in and have lost 6 pounds so far. I like that I can eat any food I want just log the calories on my Android phone. Has been pretty easy for me so far. The people on here are great. I am not normally that outgoing, but folks here are very friendly and encouraging. Welcome and add me if you need support.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You had me at loving makeup . Add me if you like :) I work out 5 times a week we can motivate each other.
  • marcikennan
    Options
    Hi Liz, welcome to MFP! I'm a busy working momma of 2 and didn't have time for anything else. I used WW a while back to get rid of that baby fat and i really liked it but again, no time. The MFP app is really convenient to have and the support system from all the people here really helps alot! So feel free to add me as a friend and congrats on your previous weight loss!