30 Day Shred

Options
Thinking about starting up Jillian's 30 Day Shred tomorrow? Anyone else doing this or starting this? What are typical results?

Replies

• Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    I restarted today! Last time I got 9 days in dropped 5" in the 9 days and then quit due to illness. So i'm hoping I can stick with it this time and have better results than last time! Feel free to add me!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Search in the forum for "30 day shred before and after" and you'll get lots of before/after pics. Most people get really good results if they stick with it.

I am currently doing it, on day 13 tomorrow. Most people find that level one hurts their knees, level 2 is the hardest, and level 3 is easier than level 2. So far I like level 2 better than level 1.

I would definitely encourage trying it. It's a surefire way to make sure you exercise every day and see real results instead of wasting time at the gym.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Search 30 Day Shred in the forums, you will find TONS of threads dealing with this, some with pictures.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I am doing it on and off. Did all of level 1 then 2 days of level 2 then hurt my knee so have been modifying it since by jumping on the elliptical for the cardio bits.

Level 2 kills my shoulders so I am determined to stick on it until I can get through all the strength bits without stopping (only using 5lb weights).

I am going to do it 2-3 times a week and do strength training 3 times a week. 30DS is more about building muscle endurance as it's high reps low weights, and I want to mix that up with higher weights lower reps at the gym.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do her this workout all the time. I'm on level 2 now. This is the only workout I've ever done where I can feel it in every muscle from my head to my toes. She works EVERYTHING.
  • KellyRunyon
    Options
    I restarted today. Got 4 days in then just seemed to get really busy but that's okay. Starting back means I'm not giving up.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on October 11th, 2011 and am doing level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days [that is the plan anyways]. The first few days I was very sore, but pushed through it. I love this dvd workout, it's amazing.

Since October 11th, 2011 [so in 8 days], I have lost 3lbs and 9 3/4".

If you stick with it, you'll see results:)
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    I always manage to do it for three or four days, then life happens or I get hurt. Hoping to power through! Thanks for all the info!:smile:
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am doing it. Did day 4 level 1 today, its rough but in a good way. I was sore the first couple days but pretty good now.