900 calories!!

Options
OMG, I have seen some amazing calories burnt (logged calories in a game that some of us are playing).

900, 800 etc!! I would looove to know what people are doing to get this result, and I presume you AREN'T eating those calories back!! :noway:

Amazing!

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 miles tonight. Burned 1,047. No way in h*ll I could eat all those back....
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The most I've burned is 700 something from running. With my pace (about 5mph) I burn just over 100 calories per mile. I DO eat most of them back, save about 100-200 at the end of the day.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    gosh I completely hear you, lots of my friends are burning more then 2,000 a day! Any time I have burnt that much I try to eat at least half of them back, it depends on the day... sometimes working out makes me less hungry and I have a hard time eating those calories back, but when I drink protein shakes it's not to bad to get in those extra calories :)
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Why would you assume that people aren't eating those calories back? Many of us here on MFP eat our exercise calories! In fact, with a 900 calorie burn, I would hope they were eating back at least some of those calories.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday I do 25-40 minutes of cardio and 1hr of yoga. I burn 400 calories if it's 25 mins if I do interval running and if I've got extra time I do 20 minutes brisk walking on the treadmill and 20 minutes interval training on the elliptical, and that burns anywhere between 500-600 calories. An hour of yoga usually burns 350-450 calories for me in an hour. So all up it's usually between 850-1050 calories. I'll also usually burn 800-1000 calories doing a cycle class as well. Keeping in mind I burn more calories because I'm still overweight and this will go down once I get smaller and smaller.

Oh and yes, I don't eat them all back... No chance that i can, especially considering I get home at 9.30pm after doing all this haha
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I try to get that burn every day, and no, I don't eat them back. I run or do some other cardio for at least an hour, and I ride my horse for an hour. I can usually hit 800-1000 in a day.
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always try & burn a minimum of 1000 calories at the gym. I do have a hrm. I LOVE the elliptical, it really gets my heart rate up compared to walking/jogging on the treadmill. I also do a cycle/spin class or a step class along with the elliptical to get me this burn. Hope this helps :)
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If I do 30-45 minutes of circuit training and 1 hr of Zumba, I can burn that easily. For me Zumba is the secret weapon. When I started I had read that average calories burn is 550-1100 per hour, so I would log it on the low end (550). Since I got my heart rate monitor I've been averaging between 650 and 750 per hour class.

Edit: I eat some of them back but not all. I try to leave a cushion of about 400 cals in case I counted something wrong :)
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I try to eat most of them back, but I'm not going to force myself to ingest them, such as 1200 'left over' from yesterdays walk for example.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A couple of times a week I may work out twice in one day. I work out with a trainer 2x/week. With the trainer I do 15-20 min of cardio (stair climber or treadmill at 3.5mph & 7% incline), then do upper body & abds or lower body & abds. On those days I might go to the gym or just walk (fast) for 45-50 min later in the afternoon. When I go to the gym, I either do 30 min on the elliptical machine or 30-40 min on the treadmill alternating between 3.8-3.0mph at a 5% incline & then walk 3 miles on the track at 4.0mph. I definitely work out for at least 45-60 min every day. I just feel out of sorts if I don't. I do work a full-time job & 2 on call jobs & I have one teenager at home. It is possible, but I have to schedule it in my day, every day. I have FINALLY made myself a prority. :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I did my bootcamp class, tonight was agility/speed night burned 1,086 calories tonight! Didn't eat one bit back, but tomorrow is pizza day at lunch so I'll make it up
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    WOW! :smokin:

I am really not pushing myself then, am I?? Mind you, I would be dead if I did what some of you are doing, so I will take baby steps.

All your answers are so inspirational and I know that I can keep pushing, bit by bit, until one day I can say "I burnt 1000 cal today"!

Thanks SO MUCH for opening my eyes. :happy:
  • tisamg
    tisamg Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My huge calorie burns are from running or a weekly PowerPlyometrics class. I eat back some or all of my calories.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 2 hours of wii fit or an hour of elliptical and then 30 minutes or strength. That usually gets me 800-900. I dont eat them all back because I'm done so late, but I do eat some of em.
  • roballesteros
    Options
    My goal is to burn between 700 - 900 calories per day. I am doing P90X and I also run at least 5 days a week. On my long run days, I will run 6-8 miles which burns around 1100 calories and if you add that to my P90X workout for that day I can burn up to 1700 calories. I do have a heart rate monitor.
    I do try to eat most of it back, if I didn't my body would not be able to sustain my workouts everyday, I have learned that the hard way.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my biggest calorie burn so far was 972..... I ate some back because I work out after dinner, when I was done I was starving!

50min elliptical 15 min run!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I burned 800+ tonight. I did zumba and 30 day shred. I ate some but left 500+, I knew I was working out tonight so I had a good size dinner before hand.
  • crxyem
    crxyem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to knock off 1000+ calories in one day. Go out for a 25+ mile bike ride at an avg pace > 18mpg and hit some killer hills. And it just dawned on me that I forget to log the gu gels and other things I eat while riding. But I typically average 1100 to 1800 kcals burnt off on these days.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I think I need to reassess what I am doing in regards to exercise.

I call myself a newbie, but in reality I have been exercising with meaning since August. I do 1/2 hour, 2 times a week with my trainer on the weights, one hour at night with a cardio group session and I have recently completed W2 of the C25K.

In my weight training I burn about 350 cal, the one hour cardio was over 400 and my treadmill C25K is about 220 at the moment (it will be more as I jog more). So, I average between 220 - 400 a day.

Yes, it is inspirational but I can't see myself getting to a stage where I am burning what you all are burning. I am hoping that my jogging will turn into running and then that will hopefully see me melting those calories!
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people overestimate their calorie burn. I did one hour on the elliptical a few days ago. The elliptical said 580 calories. I barely broke a sweat and my heart rate barely stayed over 130. My heart rate monitor said 600 or more. I still don't believe it. It was as easy as walking. Mind you, I own the elliptical, use it every day and it is no long that challenging unless I go above 175 rpm. I did not log it as the calories that were burned. My body is used to it, so it's pretty efficient at doing it, if I had jogged that long or climbed stairs, I would log every calorie. My hrm said I burned 1400 calories at the gym the other day..I did not log that as high as it said either. Also, I always subtract my bmr for the hour from my calories burned, no need to count them twice. Sure I may have burned 300 calories in an hour, but fifty of those calories was just spent staying alive. From what I have read, if you can make the gym equipment read past the triple digits, in less than three hours you are in really good shape (I'm just working on it) and your body is more efficient than you think it is. Especially if your doing a workout that you have done time and time again.. I have friends who are overweight who lose weight at five times the rate I do, even though I exercise harder and they eat more. Not only is their bmr higher, but their body burns more calories because they are not used to it. That's why I believe in eating back some of your exercise calories, enough to keep you active. But I would never eat back 1400 calories because my hrm said I could.