How to get my metabolism back up

Options
I'm absolutely Terrible! As I was working over the entire weekend in another city, in a place where there were no food stores, I was only eating one meal a day. I know my metabolism has probably gone to buggery. I then came home to find out some terrible news and didn't eat the last two days except for a couple of snacks I forced myself to eat. Me and being incredibly stressed means I feel sick to the stomach and don't eat.

I know what I have done is bad for me etc etc. So please no lectures. I already understand how bad this is for me and want to get about fixing it.

I want to get back into it but don't want to have a massive weight gain from probably putting myself into starvation mode. How do I ease myself into it?

Replies

• PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    You don't break your metabolism over a single weekend.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    It's been my experience that you don't 'ease' back into it but rather you need a shock to your metabolism. A trainer once told me to get your metabolism back up to eat your maintenance calories for a week. After that work in a week of calorie cycling and then go back to following the MFP guideline. I've never tried this myself so I can't give any personal experience.
  • firedog820
    firedog820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just get right back on the program you were doing. Don't be hard on your self you didn't ruin your hard work in just one weekend.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    And how awesome is it that you realise that you need to get back on track and are taking positive steps to do just that! Good for you.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Technically its be an entire week. I went down for work on the thursday. But i'll just get back into it, should be ok.