P90x day 1!

Options
Started P90x today. I have done it in the past but only stuck with it for a month. I was getting good results but the 6 day A week schedule was difficult. Any suggestions from P90x grads on how to stay motivated and make time for it? I really want to do the entire program. Thanks!

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    you just have to find a time of day that works for you and stick to it. and do the best you can
  • TheYankeeBelle
    Options
    Hey there! I just started again too. When I first bought the program in 2005, I made it about 2 months. When you really see results at the end of Phase 1, it's very motivating. Are you doing classic, lean or doubles? I'm generally doing lean. I liked to throw in Plyometrics at the end of Phase 1 for a new challenge.

And as much as I love Core Synergistics, I get bored of the dialogue and put on my own music over it; it helps.
  • foxtayle
    foxtayle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last year I made it through 80/90 days of classic P90X. I had great results - but consistency is key. My schedule tends to be all over the place so I had to really dedicate myself to getting up earlier in the morning to have time to do it before getting ready for work. I also had to tweak the schedule a little bit (I'd swap the Yoga X and rest days so Yoga would fall on a Sunday for me since it's a longer workout) I found the first 2 weeks of sticking to it pretty easy, but then I tend to get a little bored or blah, and it takes me another 2 weeks to feel in the groove of it.... but by then the results are noticeable enough that it brings me more motivation and I start to look forward to it.

Make sure you eat well and get your protein in so you don't fatigue. Another motivation trick that helped me try to keep up or boost intensity is I wore my HRM at every workout and I'd record the number of calories I'd burn for a given workout. The next time I'd do a routine, say Kenpo X, I'd turn it into a game and would try to "beat" my previous "high score" of calorie burn.
  • Steasette
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! They are great. I am doing the lean program since I want more cardio!