how many mins a day do u workout?

Options
today i did 85 mins but my scale has been showing nothing (i weigh every morning) please dont say i should only weigh 1 time a week cause i HATE suprises esspecially if it says im up! well ive only lost .2 this week so bummed so how many mins should i work out for?

Replies

• prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    weights 35 min m w f
    cardio 20 min tues thurs sat
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It would be easier to help if we could see your diary and if you elaborated on your exercise regimen.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    , my workout really depends on what I'm doing that day, but I am for at least an hour.... I don't know about you, but I just started, and I know my weight has gone up and down based on my water weight and stuff... Plus, you can't forget that your muscles might be growing or needing more liquid!

Good luck, I hope you the best
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I workout only 20 - 40 mins a day a mx of cardio and strength. I'm not looking for a quick fix I have to do something I can keep up with and having five kids means not a lot of time.
  • nicolealison
    nicolealison Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work with my personal trainer for 50 minutes on Tue/Thur/Fri and then on Mon and Wednesday I do cardio for 20-60 mins depending on the time I have to do it. Sometimes I'll toss light cardio into my saturday or sunday but ... not often. I've only lost 14.7 but it's been 5 week so it's definitely working. I also stop eating 3 hours before bed (with the exception of a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese a half hour before bed for the casein). Once I've cut back on th eeating 3 hours before bed the scale really started to respond!!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I workout 60-180 mins. About 40/60 ratio between weights (40) and cardio (60) on most days.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i understand that i have 2 god sons that im the legal gardian of but ussually i do 80 mins at the gym and the kids (4yrs old and 1 yr old) go to the day care for free at the gym im truely blessed on that part so i try to get in as much time as possible cause its the only real time i get to myself
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Usually I do 30-45 cardio in the AM & 30DS in the PM, which is another 20, so I total an hour or just under each day.
  • christina000
    Options
    About 45 minutes a day 5x a week. I have a son so when I am at the gym I have got an hour total, and that includes, changing, washroom, setup. It isn't much, but I make it work. I have lost almost 10 lbs since I started 3 months ago. I know it's not much, but it's good enough for me!!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It looks like you just started, so you are exchanging fat loss for muscle. You could even see weight gain, and an increase in inches if you are thin to begin with. Also are you dieting with exercise, or just exercising? It take 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 lb. So if you are eating all the calories you burn on top of all the calories your body needs, there is no deficit.

You will find what works for you soon! Keep trying!
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    around a hour and a half to two hours but I do cardio n morning and lift n evenings
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    There could be a lot of reasons for it. When you're exercising lots your muscle holds onto water to help repair itself, you also build muscle when you work out a lot. Keep up. There is no way that eating healthy and exercising and could be wrong.

I exercised Almost 180min today, two hours of walking and one turbo jam session. The 45 minute turbojam burned more calories than the two hours walking ;)