My one year anniversary w/pics

Options
2»

Replies

• jensmithdc
    Options
    You look great! Keep it moving! It has taken me eight years of lifestyle change to lose close to 115 pounds. I have about 30 more and I am still at it and I ain't mad because I keep getting better and better!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    wow ... awesome job to you both!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I really loved reading this. It reminds me so much of me and my husband. Last year we started losing weight together, and my husband was all gung ho about it, losing weight faster than me (naturally) and doing more exercise on average, etc. We both did well, but then for some reason (I honestly can't remember), we started sliding off and basically stopped trying for about 9 months. For the first several months, I barely gained any weight back, I just maintained. Unfortunately, in the last few months of it, I put back on 15 of my pounds (and he put back on quite a lot of it).

I say all that to say this-- you're absolutely doing the right thing by getting yourself back on track. Maybe it'll be just the right inspiration to get him enthused about it again, which does help a lot. And honestly, everyone else is right about giving yourself credit for what you've done and just starting fresh. You did an amazing job, and if you barely gained back any weight, then you're stopping the bad habits just in time to get right back in the swing with no real damage done. I've only been doing it again for about 5 weeks, and I already feel better. :)

Good luck to you both! And by the way, what a HUGE difference in your photos. You look beautiful, and you can tell you're much healthier. :)
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Try not to be too hard on yourselves... You have the tools, and you know how to use them... You're already way better off than millions of people who don't, right? Just turn back around and look forward before you trip over something and get hurt staring back at any mistakes you HUMANLY made along the way!
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it is that it's never too late to change unless you are dead and even then there's heaven. You can do this!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Keep 'er goin'! :happy:
  • Ranada1981
    Ranada1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job you look wonderful :*)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    amazing progress! I'm sorry you all have fallen on tough times! you can do this though! maybe if you continue on your journey, your hubby will get inspired to get back into it. i've been going for 8 months now, and my husband finally seems to be coming around. he's lost 8 lbs now! good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!