jumping jacks

Options
I need a BIG favor -- this is for a work project, believe it or not. It has two parts....

Part 1:
If you have okay knees and ankles, try to do jumping jacks for 2 minutes straight. Are you able to do it?? I thought that I could, but I was only able to do them for 1 minute.

Part 2:
If you can not do them for 2 minutes, would you be willing to do an experiment? I am wondering how much practice/training it takes in order to condition your body so that you can do them for 2 minutes. Would you be willing to try for one week? Once a day for one week, do as many jumping jacks as you can do. By the end of the week, has that amount increased? By how much? Can you do 2 minutes straight after one week of practice?

Thanks for all of your help with this project.

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    bump! I will try tomorrow and see what happens.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I will start tomorrow and see.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I will start tomorrow and see.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ha!Ha! Curiosity got the better of me. I could only hold out for a minute. I will add, 2 months ago and 15 lbs., I could only do about 10 secs. worth. Does that help? In any event, it got me off the couch for a minute!! Thanks!! :laugh:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Bump! Iwill try...I know i can do 1 minute but 2???
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. Count me in! I'll start tomorrow since I just ate dinner and I don't want to try this on a full stomach.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I managed to go for the full 2 minutes. The last 45 seconds were tough though. Turns out I have a pace of 1 jumping jack per second. In 2 minutes I did 120. I may have to do that more often. Two minutes later my heart is still pounding.

Good luck on your project!!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! Thanks for taking the challenge! At work, we want to have a wellness/fitness event. We are wondering if jumping jacks for 2 minutes is realistic.

THANKS!!!!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Ok, I feel like such a failure! Could only do 22 seconds. See age and wt states in my signature below. I have been extremely sedentary until 9-9-11. Went from having trouble walking a block to being able to walk 2-3 miles without stopping and can keep a 3mph pace. Can go at 3.5mph but have trouble maintaining. At first I wasn't even walking 1mph. Hope this helps! Will check back in tomorrow.

I will be out of town this weekend and may not have access to a computer. I will continue the jumping jacks and keep notes then up date when I have internet access again.
  • Stangil1
    Options
    Just keep at it you can do it! It takes time.
  • benztim6876
    benztim6876 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would love to try. I am not sure if I can hold out since I have metal in my ankle, and no support in my kneee anymore after several knee surgeries. I know that I can do 30 without trying.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    im curious but i really don't like jumping jacks. I'll give it a go later.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Just keep at it you can do it! It takes time.

Thanks! I will get better. Just takes, time/patience/work. I didn't get this out of shape overnight so it's going to take work.
  • vsetter
    Options
    Crap that's hard! Tonight I was able to do 80 jumping jacks at a rate of about 1 per second.......so I made it 1 minute 20 seconds. 20 seconds better than yesterday.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I went as long as I could. 3:15 at about 1.25 jacks per second.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I went as long as I could. 3:15 at about 1.25 jacks per second.

Nice!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Today only slight improvement. Yesterday 22 seconds
    Today 25 seconds:grumble:

How did I ever let myself get so out of shape?:frown:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Now try jumprope :)