First Day.... not enough calories

Options
Ok.. just found MFP and so excited.. however, I haven't eaten enough calories according to my tracker... will that mean that I need to eat more now at night????? OR... chalk it up to learning the process?

Hope this works... Need HELP!

Replies

• anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I started I ate them. I love snacking at night so it's right up my alley. Now I usually plan a lot better and I have to leave calories if I know I am going to want popcorn with a movie at night. Everyone is different though so do what feels right and remember, there is a learning curve so you can always try something else tomorrow.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Of course you're not SUPPOSED to eat after x amount of time...but......I'm a night owl and I usually workout late which in turn leaves me eating an after workout snack pretty late than most. Make sure that if you do decide to eat more right now that you're not going to immediately go to bed and sleep. You have to give your body a chance to burn what you ate. Otherwise, starting tomorrow work on getting your 3 meals and 2 snacks :)
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would chalk it up to the learning process. It's not a great idea to stuff in food at night just to get the calories. If nothing else, you might get indigestion!
  • larat71
    larat71 Posts: 60
    Options
    it took me a few days to get the hang of it. it comes naturally after a little bit, though! Don't be discouraged:)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat the calories. It's a myth that eating at night causes weight gain. If you're hungry, eat. If you're far under, I would try to eat some more tonight. A lot of times, eating too few calories can slow down your weight loss, so while one day won't hurt you, I would try to get closer to that goal most days. That being said, you are just starting out. Don't stress over it. Once you get a handle on what you're eating regularly, and when you get into the habit of logging, you'll learn how to plan better and it will get easier. :) Welcome to MFP!
  • betsy720
    Options
    i try not to eat after 7 or 8pm, so you have to try and get all your calories in during the day. try to eat about 5 times a day. I do a small breakfast, then lunch, a snack, dinner and a snack around 7pm :)
    Good luck and welcome to MFP!
  • BahamasGirl
    BahamasGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... looks like I'm not alone in this journey!!!!