Need a dessert recipe

Options
raisingbabyk
raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
I have some girlfriends coming over this weekend for wine and desert. Anyone have any lower cal/semi healthy recipes they can share??:smile:

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideas-Diet-foods-in-a-different-way/179121125503371

Check it out :) There are a couple of dessert recipe + main dishes, salads ideas :)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Natural Yoghurt and a teaspoon of your favourite Jam, or Maple Syrup.

Parfait's can be healthy if your substitute the full cream for yoghurt.

It's a bit boring but maybe you can do a fruit salad
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Prosecco and lemon sorbet served in champagne flutes.... Kill two birds with one stone!
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe for chocolate, coffee and cardamon mousse a lot, it tastes divine and is just 235 calories. :happy:

ttp://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/534939
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe going around pinterest right now thats a box of cake mix and a 20oz bottle of soda baked together (maybe google the specifics). Apparently you can do different combos like yellow cake mix and diet sprite or chocolate cake mix and diet coke. Never tried it, but others are saying it's great.
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The boxed cake/soda thing totally works! I learned about it a few years back in weight watchers. Their instructions were to use a box of cake mix and a 12 oz can of diet soda at room temperature. Bake in a 9x13 pan for the amount of time listed on the cake box.

I have made jello poke cakes with this method. After you bake the cake and cool it, poke holes all over the cake. Mix a packet of Jello gelatin (any flavor, 3 oz) with 1 cup boiling water until completely dissolved, then add 1/2 cup cold water. Pour gelatin mix all over cooled cake and refrigerate for 3+ hours. Frost with nonfat cool whip. I've done many different flavor combos: White cake with diet 7up and lime jello, Chocolate cake with diet cherry vanilla dr pepper and raspberry jello, etc.
  • robinellis
    Options
    skinny taste - this site is awesome for recipes. lately i have tried both her pumpkin cupcakes and the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes as well as the lemon cheesecake yoghurt cupcakes and they all went over very well at the parties i took them to. pink lemonade confetti cupcakes are next!!
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Angel Lush Dessert.......This is a dessert that I love!

A can of crushed pineapple, do not drain. Add a pkg of fat free vanilla pudding mix. Stir until thickened. Fold in a tub of fat free cool whip. Put into dessert cups or wine glasses and top with sliced strawberries. You can also put cubed pieces of angel food cake on the bottom and then top with the cool whip mixture and the sliced berries. It is to die for....and super low cal and low fat! And best of all it takes 5 minutes to make. :smile:
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    skinny taste - this site is awesome for recipes. lately i have tried both her pumpkin cupcakes and the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes as well as the lemon cheesecake yoghurt cupcakes and they all went over very well at the parties i took them to. pink lemonade confetti cupcakes are next!!

I just found this website today and I'm so excited about it!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!:smile: